Request could not performed because of an I/O device error

I might know what the cause of the not cloning is...

After the clean install, I try/tried to use this Samsung NVMe in my other computer.

The device manager gives this issue.

I have renamed the drivers, and deleted them. But for some reason it's not fully healthy I think.
It's completely wiped and empty, and a new partition has been created [and wiped again].

I have connected the SSK external NVMe to my other computer via USB-C and then this error appeared.
With a standard USB-USB/C it looks like it's running.

Might this "simply" be a USB-C cable issue? [although on my ROG STRIX I also tried the other USB to USB-C cable and there it didn't work.
Or is something else the case here?

Is the drive faulty? It's still under the 5-years warranty?

EDIT:

The cloning went successful!

IMG_1643.jpg

Edited by kiddingguy

On 19/03/2023 at 06:28, hellowalkman said:

Nice! How did it fix?

I managed via Device Manager to delete the partitions.

Where this was not possible, I renamed the drive letter and then deleted the partition [luckily].

All 'unallocated disk space' was formated, and a drive was created (this has been done via EASEUS Partition Manager, so not Windows Device Management].

After that I deleted this partition via EASEUS to unallocated again.

Finally I cloned the drive via Partition Manager.

[and put it in other machine]

On the new machine I downloaded Samsung Magician, and no errors are reported and the drive condition is good.

PS I guess some hickup had been the case on the "old" disk layout or something. Possibly with future errors-to-be, and I might got lucky by replacing this drive instead of losing all my data.

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/03/2023 at 12:47, hellowalkman said:

Interesting! Glad it worked out.

Update: Unfortunately it didn't :o

Just 1/2 weeks after the reinstall on another machine, after a reboot a blue screen emerges with BitLocker. And if I could enter the key. The what?!?

Also, on another drive (my extra/documents [luckily cloud-docs] which was never BitLocker'ed was also encrypted. Like... how?!?

It kinda looks to to me the older drive was "recovering" or 'remembering' or something else that it used to have BitLocker encryption - a very, very long wayy back - on these drive letters.

Lucky for me it was under warranty, and the retailer decided to refund the initial purchase.

I now have a brand new Samsung 980 PRO with hopefully not the 'remember you had BitLocker my friend' setting/memory.

• Sad 1