New pfSense 1537

This is my first time working with the product and I was wondering if the Operating Systems comes preinstalled on new appliances.

I've purchased two for a client a few weeks ago and today I've unboxed one of them but can't access the GUI. I really hope I don't need to configure this thing with a console cable, I threw all my old cables when I moved to my new house and I really don't feel like buying a new console cable. WHY they are still using the VGA console is beyond my understanding.

Edited by nabz0r

I've bought two 1537.

• nabz0r changed the title to New pfSense 1537

Can you access it via IPMI? - Netgate 1537 Security Gateway Manual — Accessing IPMI and Changing IPMI Password | Netgate Documentation

If so you can check / configure the LAN interface if required: Installing and Upgrading — Assign Interfaces | pfSense Documentation (netgate.com) then log on to the web ui and configure as normal from then on.

I have purchased a couple of pfSense devices from Telappliant, who are Netgates partner here in the UK. These have always come with the OS installed and web ui accessible at 192.168.1.1