How many of you actually own Photoshop?

How many of you actually own Photoshop?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you actually own Photoshop?

• I own Photoshop, retail copy
    • I own Photoshop, academic copy
    • I illegally downloaded Photoshop, stealing from Adobe

Question

Just wondering. If anyone here actually chooses anything other than acquiring it illegally, I'll have a hard time believing. Most of you are kids who in no way could afford Photoshop.

Who's going to be honest?

my school got this strange plan with adobe, they got photoshop 6 and 4 upgrades for free (or almost free, dont know) gotta love school plans

Most of you are kids who in no way could afford Photoshop.

I'm not a kid, but your point is exactly right! Geez, how do they even expect "adults" to purchase it at the prices they charge!

I use a lot of "ill-gotten gains", but anything I use daily or profit from, I buy! That is what I see as fair, although still illegal.

you put that so eliquently... i like it :D

/me'll have to remember that phrase...

I know a friend who has a cousin that works for this guy who's dating the sister of this dude who owns photoshop, does that count for anything?

:wacko: i wish i was that close to someone who actually owned photoshop

Last time I paid for software, was when I bought Windows 95 full install on floppy disks because when upgrading from 3.1 , my upgrade disks got borked. Like the other guy said, I havnt paid for software in years, and I'm not going to anytime soon, so no i didnt pay for photoshop but I do have it.

oh and by the way, I'm a "kid" i guess, 19 (20 in 2 months) and i could easily pay for photoshop in 2 days pay, but why pay money for something u can get for free? Someone offers you a ferrari for FREE, but you wanna go buy one that's a different color for $250,000, seems kinda idiotic.

To be honest who cares God's Hand

But anyway...

there are the ones that download it and can't afford it. and will be willing to buy it if they had the money. (Y)

But then there is rich BUMS that can't be bothered to get off their ass and go and buy it (N)

And then there are the people that can afford and do buy it. (Y)

to tell the truth. pointless thread God's Hand. i don't see what you are going to gain from

this.

I bought mine at full retail just like all of my other software. As a software developer and a business owner, we use only legal licensed copies of all software in our shop. I sure as hell expect to get paid for my work and support the efforts of other companies that produce goods to be able to sell them as well. I've noticed that many (read -- not all) of the posters on Neowin here are hypcritical. On one hand they admit it's ok to steal software and music without regard to the rights of the original creators but then go out of their way to not steal icons, visual styles etc. from other members without permission from them to use them. Honor amongst thieves I guess.

So, do all you guys work for free to or do you expect to be paid for the work you do?

I've noticed that many (read -- not all) of the posters on Neowin here are hypcritical.  On one hand they admit it's ok to steal software and music without regard to the rights of the original creators but then go out of their way to not steal icons, visual styles etc. from other members without permission from them to use them.

we respect our fellow geeks, not corporate fat-cats! :laugh: