WINXP Corp audio hell

I've installed XP Corp on 2 computers - one with a Sound Blaster PCI128 and the other with on-board sound. When playing CD's on either computer, the audio pops like a scratchy record. I know MS replaced the Blaster drivers with its own. Is this the problem, or is it anti-piracy?

I don't think it's anti-piracy. Maybe you grabbed the bad ISO file or you didn't burn the ISO properly causing some file to corrupt but not severe enough to notify you when install or stop the installation.. Why don't you try burn the ISO again using CloneCD?

I've had no activation problems or any other out-of-the-ordinary things happen. As for loose cables, one computer I'd give you but not two. I e-mailed Creative to see if they had a fix for this. I don't get it. Could a bad ISO cause this? Is it fixable without a re-install?

I doubt very much whether a bad ISO could be so specific in its damage... it would be more likely that the whole OS would fail. NEway, a reinstall isn't going to help. You're best bet is to install it on a few more computers, or lend it to a friend [or whatever]. That way you can find out if it's the disk or WinXP.

angryfire.gif M$ make me so mad sometimes! angryfire.gif

I havn't had problems with scratchyness (sp) in corp XP, just the occasional jumping around. I'd bet it's creative drivers not working quite perfect in XP. I have a SBLive so hopefully a LiveWare update will fix that.

hey..i'm having the same problem here..audio cd (on my sony drive) choppy like hell..but i tried on my other drive (pioneer dvd) to play the similar cd..guess what..it plays without a single problem..

so i reckon that it might be hardware related prob..not sure..i better check the settings as well...i had no problem with winME before..any suggestion?

Creative has Win2K drivers for this card on their site, but they don't fix the problem. I've heard reports that Creative is discontinuing support for this card (which I believe has an Ensoniq chipset) in future versions of Windows.

I had no problems with this card in Win ME or Win 98SE.

Did you install as ACPI-PC?

Most audiocards need their own IRQ, so you have to choose Standard-PC

When you're prompted to provide a SCSI driver during install (press F6), press F5 instead and you can choose that option.

Now every device get his own IRQ, like in W9x.

You can change it later in device manager too, but most likely you'll get a bluescreen on next reboot. If this happens, start Windows installation again and choose repair.

This should help

Pro audiocards are only specified for Standard-PC mode, for example Midiman cards

www.midiman.com or www.midiman.co.uk