LindowsOS

I am not sure if this is in the right place or not and i am sore if it isnt

I was just wondering what is your opinon on Lindows

I was thinking of gettin it because i like the sound of linx security and windows ease of operating

Your response is appreciated

Thank you in advance

Lindows is horrible.  Stick with Windows, or use a different gui in Linux.

how about you give reasons why and explain your reasons of why you dont like lindows (i sure hope you at least tried it) rather than just putting something down?

//edit how about you stop sayin "lindows sucks" just to sound cool.

I tried LindowsOS, just for the hell of it when they were offering it for free (I should add that I don't care for Linux, I just had some spare time). I was unimpressed, to say the least.

I take it from your reply that you have never tried Lindows. My opinion of Lindows DOES come from experience. Before they released it, I purchased a Lindows "Insider" membership when it was back in beta. I installed it, and was not impressed with anything about it. When Lindows was first in development they claimed "It would run all Windows compatible programs". Then they claimed ?It will run most Windows compatible programs". Then they said "It will run MSOffice". Then they said "Windows is the devil, we won?t be compatible with any of their programs".

The whole reason why Lindows was a decent idea was because it could run Windows compatible programs.

It's not really horrible, I wrote my opinion earlier but got lost in our "time travel"

To use Lindows best, you would need to use CNR (I haven't because I think you must pay and I was only testing the OS), which would make it real easy to install apps and other things.. also driver support is still lacking, and if you have a Lexmark x1150 then youre out of luck as it's not supported :(

It's definitly a change from windows, though it does offer the folders that you would be used to (My Doc, My Computer, etc) other than that it doesn't come close.

Lindows is basically Debian Linux. It might be slightly easier to use than other distro's, but it will not run Windows programs and games (some might work with WINE)

^^ good job. someone that actually doesnt say things just to sound cool ::high five::

How was my post meant to "sound cool"? He asked for opinions. I gave mine. You asked why, I posted why.

I take it from your reply that you have never tried Lindows.  My opinion of Lindows DOES come from experience.  Before they released it, I purchased a Lindows "Insider" membership when it was back in beta.  I installed it, and was not impressed with anything about it.  When Lindows was first in development they claimed "It would run all Windows compatible programs".  Then they claimed ?It will run most Windows compatible programs".  Then they said "It will run MSOffice".  Then they said "Windows is the devil, we won?t be compatible with any of their programs".

The whole reason why Lindows was a decent idea was because it could run Windows compatible programs.

no i have not tried lindows.. i have a copy but havent tried it as of yet. I just think its stupid when people say something sucks without giving reasons why.

thanks for clearing everything :D :D

I tried Lindows, download LindowsLive burned it to CD, booted from the CD and it did not boot, then I threw the disk away. Conclusion is its sucks. Knoppix is so much better for people that don?t want to touch there hard drive

at least it got moved. thing is it cant run exe's and only support you will find is on the site your best off trying to learn mandrake and using google/linux to help you i got by ok

best of linux's hardware detection other than knoppix though

Hardly! Lindows tries to load EVERY module at EVERY startup. That is a cheap, hackish, terrible way of hardware detection.

I downloaded it and tried it.

It works. It does what they say it will, and I had none of the problems that other people said that they have had.

It is targeted to computer noobs. If you like to tinker, I would recommend a "normal" distro. If you like it to 'just work' for the basics, LindowsOS has done this, in my experience.

As someone who has used Linux 100% on my own PC at home, Lindows is not the OS for me. But, everyone has thier own personal preferences and needs. Lindows will fill those for thier target audience. (if you can d/l it for free, why not try it?)