What is the history of Neowin?

i've tried so many other windows modding/info/security boards and have always felt that neowin is so much better across several aspects (useful info, friendlyness, smart organization, easy to look at) ;)

the past 2 days while servers were being upgraded.. i went back to iexbeta. :no: their monthly desktop thread for february was only 50 posts big and most of the ss were so hideous and it takes for ever for someone to respond.. where here at neowin you can get 20 views in a few seconds.

I still use the classic theme on the frontpage; too bad it was removed from the forum themes. I first saw Neowin when someone kept spamming it on an IRC channel :D

Wow! And you barely post too :D

I guess I haven't made a lot of posts , but I have been reading lot.

I have to conserve my energy at my age :)

lol looking through the firsts members and i find Kheldar I wonder whose other personality this is? :huh:

wow just noticed i have 777 post! wooo hoo...took me 2 1/2 years to get this far and the past 300 posts have been within last 3 months most of which were about Firebird and especially Firefox

EDIT: Just rememberd something...If anyone writes up the history, you can't forget scoobie and please post his pic with it (I'm sure someone has it archived) i can't remember his aliases though

Edited by supernova_00

• 2 weeks later...
Redmak, Redmak and Redmak...oh and he still is. (Y)

And xpFreak for the Graphics. (Y)

(Too bad he disappeared :cry:) :D

incorrect on most points of your post.

Maybe you should pay more attention to the facts?

• Like 1

With 50,000+ members as of 12-Mar-04, I wonder how that ranks all-time with sites of Neowin's type? Anyone have a answer/guess? :cool:

If a mod or admin who's been here from the start reads this, maybe then can help me compile up another H.O.N Document?

That would be great to get it back up again!

• 6 months later...

Just wondering who the founders of this great community and news site are.

Also, why did you create this gift from god?

Thanks

Adam

I've heard Neowin is operated and owned by Neobond, Remak and Voodoo (Daniel). The servers Neowin resides on is not at their homes from what I heard from another thread like this one.