Get $100 Off Windows Xp! $ave! This Is No Joke!

:) IT'S SIMPLE. IF YOU HAVE A PREVIOUS VERSION OF WINDOWS CD (95 AND NEWER) JUST INSTALL THAT ON THE COMPUTER FIRST AND THEN GET A WINDOWS XP UPGRADE CD. THE WINDOWS XP UPGRADE CD COSTS $100 LESS THAN THE REGULAR ONE. IT CAN SAVE YOU VALUABLE $$$;)

I think most of us were already aware of this possibility! :p

Also to qualify for the upgrade version you must have Windows 98 or newer, not Windows 95. Personally I don't think anyone much would have a problem finding a friend with Windows 98 or later so I don't think the full version of XP will sell that well. Not at that price, anyway :)

He's right, 95 doesn't work. And you don't have to install 98 and upgrade, you can just do a clean install with the upgrade cd. It asks you to insert a previous version cd into the drive instead.

must have win 98 full or ME full upgrade versions don't work!!!

"SU0096" during install and error messages like that.

Same goes for languages, and upgrades.

You can't upgrade from win95 Dutch to win98 English and visa versa.

It won't work!

The upgrade just looks for 2 .com files if I remeber correctly.. well it did on 2k anyhow. So if you create the windows directory place these files in thier you can install it from DOS with the upgrade CD

Interesting, isn't it, the fact (apparently) that you can only upgrade once - that an upgrade disc won't upgrade from an upgrade disc? It wouldn't surprise me, coming from M$, to be honest. I really think they are rather brutal in the way they continually force people to spend more money than they should have to, with all their clever schemes like releasing OSs every year instead of every 2-3 years, at an even higher price than before, and now this. But I guess I'm not alone in that thought! :)