Windows XP boot time

GajoTNT

How does it take to yall for windows to boot up, mine takes up about 1 min and for shutdown 30 sec

prety long boot time, in fact i think its longer than win me

Red

With Win XP RC1, from switch on to welcome screen takes me 26 seconds, with WINME, takes about 23 seconds, With Win2k, its was longer, bout 45 senconds, cant remeber exactly,

Ill be upgrading to 2600 tomorrow, so ill like to see what thats like, from what ive heard, should be faster

GajoTNT

the wellcome screen is the prob, it goes there fast, but then it takes about 30 seg to show up the desktop, damn sucks

Red

Yeah, if i log on to my default user, ie admin, i takes bout 10 seconds, if i log on to another ie, the guest it takes bout 30 seconds.

What is your system?

Im runnign an athlon 900, with 512 megs of RAM, not many devices to load up:

DVD

CDRW

AGP card

Thats bout it really, could have something to so with the time

Tikimotel

clean win95 osr 2.5 still boots the fastest!

YahoKa

In the 2600 build i found it the slowest ... very odd indeed! Anyways, about 10 secs for shutdown, 45 secs to boot to usable desktop. Win2k was about 2 mins! What a difference :) Oh, and hybernate takes 15 secs to shutdown, 15 secs resume for me (384MB of RAM ... )

MytMowse

takes 3-4 minutes for me and i'm on freaking 1ghz system. It's annoying.

GajoTNT

i have a P3 700@1029 mhz, 256 PC133 @ cas 2/3/3, a 60 gig UDMA 100 7200rpm HD and a Geforce3. I tryed disabling almost al the serveces i could, but still always 1 min boot time

Elin27

I can boot in WinXP pretty darn fast but damn hell slow on shutdown...:(