Dear user of Neowin.net

If you received an email with that subject, disregard it. in fact disregard ALL emails that appear to come from Neowin.net if it is accompanied with an attachment executable. Neowin admins never mass-mail or send to individual members archives or executables with the request to run it on your machine.

The email viruses lately are so out of hand and the neowin.net extension has become unbearable even with extensive spam filters in place.

A copy of the message body is included.

Dear user  of Neowin.net,

Our antivirus software has detected a large ammount of viruses outgoing from  your email account, you  may  use our free anti-virus  tool to  clean up your  computer software.

For details see the  attached file.

Attached file protected with the password  for security reasons.  Password is 78068.

Cheers,

The Neowin.net team

https://www.neowin.net

Thanks for your time

• Like 1

I've been getting ones from the timdorr.com management team (directed to timdorr@timdorr.com, of course), too :s

Maybe you sent them that one drunken night... :whistle:

I've been getting ones from the timdorr.com management team (directed to timdorr@timdorr.com, of course), too :s

:rofl: Too funny!

I never open a mail from Neowin, the only mails I received from them are the ones saying I have a PM and I now disabled that option. When people need me for something they can PM me. :)

-Couch Potato?

Ya i been getting those for my website. Says the exact same thing and then says Cheers, tech-Critic Admin Team and I am like lol this is to funny

I've also been getting those nice messages from "The Mattcohn.com Team". Funny, I don't remember sending them out though...

It's funny all those damn virus emails that come in, everytime my computer checks for new mail Norton will report a virus. :no:

-Couch Potato?