Boot Disks??

Hey all

Ok, do any boot disks exist for Windows XP Pro 2600? I'm so sick of having to dual boot because the damn thing will not install from DOS, and yes i've gone into the i386 folder and run winnt.exe, but it gets to the installing files to disk and just stalls.

tia

PanicButton;)

I downloaded the beta 2 files, but the truth is I HATE using floppy discs, they always get corrupted every 5 minutes. Is there any way of adding these boot discs to a cd and make it a working bootable boot disk..? My first attempt didn't work (I can't even remember what I did).

I understand that there is a way of extracting the boot sector from a WinXp CD, but if there's a way to make a bootable boot cd then that'll be great :-)

Yea RazorBack is right. If you want to make a boot disk, go into My Computer, right click your A: Drive, choose "format", then check the box that says "Create an MS-DOS startup disk".

Boom there ya go.

This method will not create a disk that reads an NTFS partition, nor will it provide any neccessary tools that you can use to repair Windows. Best method is to boot the CD-ROM since most computers that support XP will be able to boot CD-ROMs.

Really?? :s :s Man.. that seems silly that they'd make a bootdisk that couldn't access your information. I used the bootdisk to update my BIOS, but I never thought of trying to access any of my drives. Weird. Thanks for the info cody.