AutoPatcher XP 4.5 Official Thread

First error :(

Has anyone run into this error message?

[edit]

Weird, I thought I had this already installed from the January release.

[/edit]

Unable to save temporary file? :s I'll hafta ask Raptor 'bout that... it is a new error, that's for sure. :/

@JoHideo - I'll get Rap on it ASAP.

@Mav Phoenix - No prob. (Y)

looks like to me it's a possible problem with the temp folder perhaps?

would cleaning it out at least be a possible workaround?

It's starting to look like that too. I'd suggest cleaning your temp folder, then rebooting and tryin' again. Also, make sure where it's writing to isn't write protected. (Y) It shouldn't be, but you never know. lol

if you need another mirror, just let me know

Well... of *course* we need other mirrors! :D I wonder, should I PM ya too? ;)

looks like to me it's a possible problem with the temp folder perhaps?

would cleaning it out at least be a possible workaround?

@ FlishFun & StAnGeR04 - My temp folder was empty b4 I started the installation, and now I only have one single file in it.

It's not a big deal for me, I dont have wireless at my home anyway, I just wanted to show the errors in case someone else get them. :yes:

post-89-1078683983.jpg

After install it w/ default selections I lost all icons on my Desktop. I can't even right click to get the context menu.I tried to restore them using TweakUI but they won't come back. Also tried switching from Classic StartMenu to XP Start Menu but that didn't help either.

Any idea of what happenned ?

thanks

Thanks for the link FlishFun, worked perfectly. The program also worked flawlessly.

I'm going to Florida on Wednesday for a week, so I'm just going to leave BT running. I'll have to post my upload bandwidth when I get back.

After install it w/ default selections I lost all icons on my Desktop. I can't even right click to get the context menu.I tried to restore them using TweakUI but they won't come back. Also tried switching from Classic StartMenu to XP Start Menu but that didn't help either.

Any idea of what happenned ?

thanks

So, everything is working fine, except your desktop isn't functioning? So right clicking, icons, etc, not there?

@Goten - Thanks! :D

exactly. Everything is perfect... except that I have no icons on the desktop and I can't right click to have the dtop context menu...

// edit : not sure if it has to do with a regtweak, but when I doubleClick on the desktop, the startmenu opens.

Thanks for the link FlishFun, worked perfectly. The program also worked flawlessly.

I'm going to Florida on Wednesday for a week, so I'm just going to leave BT running. I'll have to post my upload bandwidth when I get back.

No prob man! Thanks! :)

@xplatinum - Well, lemme first say NOTHING should have caused that if set on defaults (nothing should anyways, but definately not when set to defaults). But we're lookin' into it. (Y)

nice speed from mbdownloads... Got over 400 kilobyte/second :)

One question (not a complaint), but why wasn't latest version of Media Player Classic included? ;) (6.4.7.8)

nice speed from mbdownloads... Got over 400 kilobyte/second :)

One question (not a complaint), but why wasn't latest version of Media Player Classic included? ;) (6.4.7.8)

It is, it's 6.4.7.8. (Y) I may have written it wrong on here, but it's the newest version. (Y)

@Goten - Thanks! :D

------------------------------------------------

IP: scorpio.myftp.org

user: auto

pass: patcher

port: 2680

(1 full file)

IP: scorpio.myftp.org

user: autopatcher

pass: rarfiles

port: 2680

(rar files)

I dont have the speed like some of you do in here, I can only give access to 6 ppl.

Enjoy :)

btw: FlishFun, AutoPatcher finished with only those two error messages I posted b4, besides that, it works fine. GREAT LEAP APXP RELEASE :D

Edited by EZRecovery

Ill ftp host it when i get home too, i have a dedicated DS3 line into my house so yall should get some bandwidth.

lol i wish. hope yall enjoy cripling my webserver. lol

Before anyone asks, APXP 4.5 Lite will be out tomorrow, most likely, just puttin' some finishing touches on it. :happy:

great! I will mirror it for you, just upload to where my PM says from the other day

thanks to all of you bandwidth-helpers :) we really appreciate it (Y)

btw... since i was out all day long, what's the filesize of the Lite version?

/Raptor