AutoPatcher XP 4.5 Official Thread

Could someone be kind and test my server? Thanks

I'm on DSL, so like I said, I can't give a lot of speed, but for dial-up ppl will work :D

------------------------------------------------

IP: scorpio.myftp.org

user: auto

pass: patcher

port: 2680

(1 full file)

IP: scorpio.myftp.org

user: autopatcher

pass: rarfiles

port: 2680

(rar files)

:rolleyes: xplatnium try creating or logging on to another account see if the problem

follows the profile. I have narrowed down problems like this that way.

SkunKwerkZ

:rolleyes: xplatnium try creating or logging on to another account see if the problem

follows the profile. I have narrowed down problems like this that way.

SkunKwerkZ

Yup !

I can see the desktop just fine after logging into a temp account I created. So its definately profile related...

:huh: alright since we know it is porfile related this means the all users section is OK we have a couple of ways of

fixing it:

1 way would be log in as administrator and copy the contents of you main profiles doc and setting folder to the working one or right click on My Comp choose properties Advanced then Profiles then copy org to new that way.

take a look at the size of your main profile may have gotten too big to load right. ;) ;) ;)

:huh: alright since we know it is porfile related this means the all users section is OK we have a couple of ways of

fixing it:

1 way would be log in as administrator and copy the contents of you main profiles doc and setting folder to the working one or right click on My Comp choose properties Advanced then Profiles then copy org to new that way.

take a look at the size of your main profile may have gotten too big to load right. ;) ;) ;)

I fixed it by myself finally...

I installed that Fresh UI app and in one of the options it said "Disable Desktop completly" and it was set to yes. So I really don't know what could have enabled that :huh:

:) does not matter what tweaker prog it is they all do the same thing I would stongly recommend if you have one in use havit undo it's setting or diable its service before using AP's reg tweaks. the reg keys in AP are the cleanest way to make the tweaks. :cool: :cool: :cool:

SkunkWerkz

last time i checked, we didnt include such a crazy option (i hate it myself!)...

well... anyway, im glad you sorted out the problem (whatever caused it)

/Raptor

Looking good.

Have no use for now though. Beta testing SP2, but I might just install it in Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 to see how it goes. :)

Take Care,

Will

Ok I don't get this... Neowin doesn't condone warez yet this Neowin "App" is posted to warez newsgroups? Isn't this a oxymoron?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/rules.htm

and I quote "No Warez (links) & Cracks: help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it."

The first post is suggesting to get this app by telling people it's posted in warez newsgroups which is violating the neowin rules.

"The first post is suggesting to get this app by telling people it's posted in warez newsgroups which is violating the neowin rules."

Just how did you come up with that conclusion?

"The first post is suggesting to get this app" - correct

"it's posted in warez newsgroups" - correct

"is violating the neowin rules" - wrong

AUTOPATCHER IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... Free Free Free! Just happens to be posted on warez newsgroups! WHAT can we POSSIBLY DO about it!?

/Raptor

"The first post is suggesting to get this app by telling people it's posted in warez newsgroups which is violating the neowin rules."

Just how did you come up with that conclusion?

"The first post is suggesting to get this app" - correct

"it's posted in warez newsgroups" - correct

"is violating the neowin rules" - wrong

AUTOPATCHER IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... Free Free Free! Just happens to be posted on warez newsgroups! WHAT can we POSSIBLY DO about it!?

/Raptor

i'm just wondering who posted it there and why was it posted in that newsgroup instead of anywhere else...

xplatinum, i dont know who posted them there, i dont own the newsgroups... i guess if you search the forums you might find out... but i really dont care who posts what where... outside of this forum i got no powers...

/Raptor