Neowin 3rd Birthday Giveaway Fiasco!

Well,

It's been nearly SIX MONTHS!! since I and others were informed that we had "won" gifts from Neowin during their 3rd Birthday Giveaway and no one has, as far as I can tell, received ANYTHING!! This is total and complete unprofessionalism on Neowins part. This is NOT the way you treat loyal visitors and fans of the site. I was informed by Neowin that the actual companies that were to supply the winnings were a little slow to give up the mercandise. I was also informed that it would all be worked out as soon as possible. Well, here I sit with no prize, no update and absolutely NO RESPONSE FROM ANYONE AT NEOWIN. I have sent multiple emails addressing the situation to Redmak (CEO), Neobond (CEO) and Voodoo (Administrator). But, what do I hear from any of these "executives"?.........NOTHING!! This whole time I've been wondering why a legitimate company like Neowin would not take the pro-active role in this mess by buying whatever winnings had been promised and sending them to their respective winners. Take us winners out of the equation, deal with the vendors one-on-one and the problem would be solved as far as the winners would be concerned. But NO, that would be too easy........:angry: :angry: :angry: [GLOW=red]

So, let me get this straight. You have not been posting and visiting Neowin only to get the gifts. :huh:

Did u bother to search for the threads related to this topic? If you did, you would know what happened to the prizes? If you didnt, I suggest you do that right now and find out what happened. It's not like "oh Neowin, took my gifts, I am not getting any". Quit whining like a schoolboy, sheesh. :crazy:

I was informed by Neowin that the actual companies that were to supply the winnings were a little slow to give up the mercandise. I was also informed that it would all be worked out as soon as possible.
Well, it wasn't.

and of course, mods are busy as always. So if they didnt reply, they were genuinely busy or tied up with something.

This whole time I've been wondering why a legitimate company like Neowin would not take the pro-active role in this mess by buying whatever winnings had been promised and sending them to their respective winners.

Who's got the money for this? Neowin pays for itself with the ad banners at the page. You think that everyone here has enough money to contribute to your prize. Pffftt.... this is the only prize you'll get

(*blows rasberry*) :angry:

Edited by bonobozoot

Sort your tags out then I might bother reading it.. D'oh too late.

Seriously, it's not Neowin's fault that the prizes havn't arrived, but honestly getting in contact with them is either hard or impossible unless a thread is made, and in your case this might get locked.

Yeah, I was gonna say that too. The giveaway was meant to be a celebratory feature of the 3rd birthday of Neowin.

Posting such a topic is gonna **** the admins and mods off, and rightly so. You could end up getting nothing as a result, and I wouldn't blame them.

These guys have been kind enough to offer something to you for free, don't have a go at them because your free prize isn't with you yet.

Just chill, coz good things come to those members who are nice to mods and admins :D

Drone.

I understand your frustration but I guess you did not listen in your other thread you posted in Dec. When you got your answers as to the situation.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=121451&hl=

and by the way, following in the foot steps of Toxikk

moved to site & forum issues

Also, it seems that thread was the last time he had posted... 3 month ago. :blink:

I understand how annoyed / angry you are; unfortunatly there is little i can do about it.

If you haven't read the other thread, this is what happened. I basically sent requests to sponsors for prizes for the 2nd + 3rd parts. Note, the winners for the 1st part all got their prizes. Only a slim few companies replied and thus i felt it would have been unfair for those who had won but were not going to get anything. I appologise profoundly; however i think you must accept that the competition is over, and we will not be sending out any more prizes. Neowin will certainly have more competitions in the future; i suggest you stay tuned for them.

Again, appologies.

Thank you for the 411, Mr. Magoo. I'm glad someone finally answered up. That was the most frustrating part of this whole situation.....no communication. The question I now have is did you guys have a legally binding agreement with the vendors? And, if so, it's time to get the Neowin legal team involved. That's just my opinion. I'm fine with not getting the prize, I already have a copy of WinXP Home. I don't have time to check Neowin out daily like some of the kids here who have nothing else to do. Anyway, thanks again.

Dogan, If you were told that you won something but heard nothing about the prize for a couple months, I feel 100% certain that you'd be curious about what the deal is. Now, I have the answer as to what happened.

So, let me get this straight. You have not been posting and visiting Neowin only to get the gifts. :huh:

Did u bother to search for the threads related to this topic? If you did, you would know what happened to the prizes? If you didnt, I suggest you do that right now and find out what happened. It's not like "oh Neowin, took my gifts, I am not getting any". Quit whining like a schoolboy, sheesh. :crazy:

Well, it wasn't.

and of course, mods are busy as always. So if they didnt reply, they were genuinely busy or tied up with something.

Who's got the money for this? Neowin pays for itself with the ad banners at the page. You think that everyone here has enough money to contribute to your prize. Pffftt.... this is the only prize you'll get

(*blows rasberry*) :angry:

Dude, I don't post just to post. I post when I feel it is necessary. Got it? I DO NOT post to get gifts. I entered a contest. That's it. BTW, threads get buried.

Signed up to win a contest eh?

Umm, yeah...that's what you do to win a contest.....YOU SIGN UP. Now, if you're implying that I signed up as a member to Neowin to eneter and win a contest, you'd be sadly mistaken.

oh yes it is, it would be understandable if you payed like ?100 for it, we could understand. But you didnt, so if you dont like it. Go away :rolleyes

</rant>