Who plans to follow NHL trade deadline coverage?

What news source do you plan to use?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What news source do you plan to use?

• TSN
    • SportsNET
    • NHL Network
    • ESPN/ESPN2
    • ABC/NBC/CBS
    • CNN
    • Fox News
    • Local TV News, Newspaper or Radio
    • Other (tell us)
    • No plans to follow coverage

If you plan to get your news online (as opposed to TV, the newspaper or radio) but you get your news from one of the above sources then click that source.

i.e. If you get your updates from the ESPN website (as opposed to watching the ESPN TV channel) then click ESPN. It's good for both.

You can also justify your decision here.

I personally plan to flip from SportsNet to TSN to see who has the better people but my preference will probably be SportsNET.

Rangers Fire Sale Continues.....

This just in..

Barnaby and Malakhov both gone. :laugh:

and the isles

pick up Steve Webb from Pittsburgh!.. I sure missed that guy. :D

STEVE WEBB!!! :D

Florida Panthers Trade Valeri Bure to the Dallas Stars for Prospect Drew Bagnall and a Draft Pick

The Colorado Avalanche have traded defenceman Derek Morris to the Phoenix Coyotes in return for centre Chris Gratton and defenceman Ossi Vaananen

This doesn't make much sense for Phoenix unless they think they can reflip Derek Morris by 3pm.

and the isles

pick up Steve Webb from Pittsburgh!.. I sure missed that guy. :D

STEVE WEBB!!! :D

It's purely a depth aquisition. He's got no points in limited action in the NHL this season. He was effective against the Leafs during their last playoff tilt. Then again, it doesn't take much to get Darcy Tucker off his game.

The Colorado Avalanche acquired goaltender Tommy Salo and a sixth-round draft pick in 2004 from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for defenseman Tom Gilbert.

Did Colorado fail to land Olie The Goalie or is this the move they wanted to make? Olaf Kolzig would have made the starting goalie situation confusing while Salo (in spite of his past performance and playoff experience) is clearly a backup aquisition.

Ha. TSN has a trade deadline countdown in the lower left corner. 5 hours and 1 minutes to go (not including seconds).

How come the NHL trade deadline is 70+ games into the season? Another reason why the regular NHL season is the absolute worst when it comes to fan involvement and excitement.

Now that Marco Sturm is out for the season...blaaahh. Does anyone know if the Sharks have any moves on the table?

How come the NHL trade deadline is 70+ games into the season? Another reason why the regular NHL season is the absolute worst when it comes to fan involvement and excitement.

Now that Marco Sturm is out for the season...blaaahh. Does anyone know if the Sharks have any moves on the table?

90% of the teams have played less than 70 games but I get your point. Each team only has 11-15 games left. The trade deadline allows a team to bulk up for the playoffs or plan for next year. If you follow a team that is having a poor season then at least this allows you to only suffer the last dozen games in absolute misery. For teams that are doing well and plan to go deep into the playoffs, well then with 7 games series and up to four playoff levels to go, there is lots of hockey left. After all the last puck drops in June.

The most exciting thing happening in San Jose so far was Jason Marshall a few days ago. If you can call it that. Sharks are leading their division at the moment so I'd expect them aquire somebody to fill Sturm's skates..

Leafs sign Calle Johansson (D) out of retirement.

Sean Hill (D) expected to go to New Jersey of Ottawa (from Carolina)

Leafs sign Calle Johansson (D) out of retirement.

Now there's talk that Toronto may have to send a scout to Washington as compensation (Calle Johansson had been scouting for the Caps).

Toronto also signed Chad Kilger off waivers. Be's a big centreman that plays soft. It's a depth acquisition and he isn't expected to get much ice time.

I see Ron Francis ? signing with Toronto for about a 6th round pick going back to Carolina. He reportedly has waived his no trade clause.

The deal is confirmed. I don't know what is going back to Carolina yet.

Edited by fred666

Greg De Vries (D) to Ottawa with Karel Rachunek (D) and Giroux going back to NYR

Edited by fred666

I see Ron Francis ? signing with Toronto for about a 6th round pick going back to Carolina. He reportedly has waived his no trade clause.

The deal is confirmed. I don't know what is going back to Carolina yet.

Ron Francis was dealt for a 4th round pick in 2005.

TSN is reporting Curtis Brown to the Sharks for Jeff Jilson.

Edit, Jillson to Sharks from Boston for Brad Boyes, then Jillson to Buffalo for Brown..... :wacko:

TSN is reporting Curtis Brown to the Sharks for Jeff Jilson.

SportsNET says it's a 3 way deal that also involves Brad Boyes

Boston gets: F Brad Boyes

San Jose gets: C Curtis Brown

Buffalo gets: D Jeff Jillson

Curtis Brown is the replacement for Marco Sturm.

Edited by fred666

SportsNET says it's a 3 way deal that also involves Brad Boyes

yep, got confused there for a second, they just have a list of stuff and its not very organized IMO. :no:

Colorado is going to be a powerhouse in the playoffs. Hopefully Forsberg is back and Salo/Aebischer can provide good goaltending

Good riddance to Chad Kilger... what a waste of space he was for Montreal

Colorado is going to be a powerhouse in the playoffs. Hopefully Forsberg is back and Salo/Aebischer can provide good goaltending

Good riddance to Chad Kilger... what a waste of space he was for Montreal

Except that it's Aebischer/Salo not the other way around.

I don't expect to see Chad Kilger to get much ice time at all. We have so many fragile veterans than we might need some warm bodies after a long run.

we'll see, Aebischer has minimal playoff experience, but as seen before in goalies like Theodore, Giguere and Fernandez they can come up big in these situations but either way, Juggling between Salo and Aebishcer isnt as bad as Aebischer/Sauve

we'll see, Aebischer has minimal playoff experience, but as seen before in goalies like Theodore, Giguere and Fernandez they can come up big in these situations but either way, Juggling between Salo and Aebishcer isnt as bad as Aebischer/Sauve

If they wanted to bring in a a replacement for Aebischer then they would have traded for Kolzig. Acquiring Salo says to me that we have confidence in Aebischer and we intend to go with him as our #1. Salo is simply a replacement for Sauve.

Salo was about to lose his #1 status in Edmonton anyway now that Ty Conklin has pronounced himself healthy again.