Windows XP RTM :: Order 250+ copies :: No Product Validation

mister

Hi Everyone,

I've recently learned that companies that buy 250+ copies of Windows XP get a version of the OS which doesn't have the product validation...that's crazy.

What about those people that buy 60 copies or even 100 copies, validating all 100 OS, can be a pain, mostly when online validation is only permitted 2 times. What happens if you decide to change the configuration of 100 computers more than twice...you'll end up calling Microsoft for 100 validation codes...that's insane...why should someone spend his day on the phone to get stupid validation numbers from Micro$oft...I just don't get it...

configure

Not only us that suffer, they'll suffer too, imagine receiving phonecalls for re-activating keys for 100 computer twice a week (atleast).. ;) It's pain in the @$$ for them, and hopefully they'll bend this a little on the next release..

DjmUK

Well - I won't be buying 250+ copies of the o/s in the near future. But iconcur when saying it's a bluddey pain in the "ase-tometric photons".

MS knows that hackers can bypass the activation crap - so why do they bother with it.

SlashDot14

You can only activate them once before you have to call, not twice!!! Even more of a bummer.

mister

thanks for the info JimF...those damn rumors...well now I know...thanks dude :-)