Bertuzzi under Police Investigation

bayrider ive been reading your posts and you seem like nothing more than a canucks hater or even worse a avs fan, shame since your from montreal (even though they aint too good).  naslunds hit was a part of hockey huh, that was a straight up cheap shot and moore deserved to get his ass handed to him, he got a little worse than he shoulda but....thats life.  also moore  probaly wouldnt have been so hurt if thsoe players hadnt have jumped on bertz.

first of all i am not a canuck hater... i lived in Vancouver for 8yrs, and i grew up playing hockey in Vancouver. Also, im not as big an Avs fan as i am a Habs fan especially since Bourque and Roy retired. And 2nd, if those Avs players didnt jump Bertuzzi, what would have happened? Bertuzzi jumped Moore, obviously he was gonna continue punching him in the head while Moore was out untill Bertuzzi realized he was punching a bean bag.

quoted from another forum :

"For the kind of hit Bert made on Moore, 11 games is the average suspension. He should be treated no differently. Remember the Havlat's cross-check on Recchi? That was way worse to watch, and to me, had much worse intensions.

Why Moore was playing with 8 minutes left in the 3rd after an 8-2 routing, and after being roughed up several other times by other Canuck players, is beyond me. This kid plays 6-8 minutes a game anyway, Granato should have sat him after his fight with Cooke"

Imo, Bertuzzi should not play again this season. I know that this will kill Vancouver in the playoffs but too bad. As for criminal charges, I worry the type of precident this would set. Does this mean the next time a pitcher throws a baseball at a players head he'll be charged. I am the first to admit that Tuzzi did wrong but a criminal conviction would change the face of sports forever.

Imo, Bertuzzi should not play again this season.  I know that this will kill Vancouver in the playoffs but too bad.  As for criminal charges, I worry the type of precident this would set.  Does this mean the next time a pitcher throws a baseball at a players head he'll be charged.  I am the first to admit that Tuzzi did wrong but a criminal conviction would change the face of sports forever.

It is totally different then a pitcher throwing at a hitter.

Mainly because you can make a clear arguement that Bertuzzi's hit was premetetated and intentional whereas you can only speculate with a pitcher hitting a batter

Also, this wouldnt be the first time a player was charged with a crime in hockey. I am not a big fan of the NHL but I remember some black guy got hit in the head with a stick from behind, fell down and cracked his head on the ice. THe player that hit him was charged and was convicted.

Imo, Bertuzzi should not play again this season. I know that this will kill Vancouver in the playoffs but too bad. As for criminal charges, I worry the type of precident this would set. Does this mean the next time a pitcher throws a baseball at a players head he'll be charged. I am the first to admit that Tuzzi did wrong but a criminal conviction would change the face of sports forever.

You do remember the hit on Donald Brasheer (spelling?), correct? Well, same thing happened then. It wouldn't change anything.

I just caught the highlights of Bertuzzis pres confernence this morning. There is no doubt in my mind that he didnt wish for the outcome that persued his actions. I do believe he just wasnt thinking straight of the possible consequesnces.

I really did feel for him while watching him speak. He is truely sorry.

However it still doesnt take away the fact that he almost killed someone on the ice and for that he deserves a long suspension (1 year).

I do not believe that he is an angry person and looking to inflect pain.

ps, his wife is smokin hot.

TORONTO -- Todd Bertuzzi of the Vancouver Canucks has been suspended for the remainder of the regular season and the Stanley Cup playoffs for attacking Colorado's Steve Moore.

:angry:

nucks only have like 16 games left including the 4 playoff games they are going to be swept in, 16 games isn't enough!

well he got what he deserved, i hope Moore comes out okay from his injuries and plays again. I think his punishment shoiuld be elevated untill next season tho...

what about those Lightning??? theyre in first place in the league and havent lost in god knows how many games!!!

TORONTO -- Todd Bertuzzi of the Vancouver Canucks has been suspended for the remainder of the regular season and the Stanley Cup playoffs for attacking Colorado's Steve Moore.

:angry:

nucks only have like 16 games left including the 4 playoff games they are going to be swept in, 16 games isn't enough!

I agree that 16 games isn't enough. I thought I read on ESPN that the NHL commish can extend the punishment into next season and that he will decide before training camp next year.

For one, he shouldn't be accountable for everything. that's just stupid. The hit is what we're after and that was out of frustration between a number of things (aves spanking them, refs never doing their jobs, bert not playing all season) but to be fair, Moore should've taken some steps to clear the air, instead of leave every canuck ****ed at him by hiding behind his big team. No respect. Also the refs should've controlled the game and not let it get out of hand. ALSO Colorado doesn't seem like they should be accountable for anything, as one player dogpiled on them.

Really anything could've gone wrong here and nobody takes that into consideration. They just see Bert hit a guy and he should be banned, or even persecuted for his actions.

It doesn't matter now anyways, Bert's gone, as far as his career goes. Crying shame that a superstar like him (although not really this season) got knocked out of his career by a rookie without even touching him.

Oh well, back to hockey. Go! Nucks! Go!

Cheers

It doesn't matter now anyways, Bert's gone, as far as his career goes. Crying shame that a superstar like him (although not really this season) got knocked out of his career by a rookie without even touching him.

Don't be a pre-Madonna.

Bert's career is not over. That's stupid, don't even mention that. As for it being a crying shame: perhaps to your playoff chances, but not for hockey. Not at all. Bert deserves every second of banment that's headed his way.

Bert's career is not over you're right, but people will never, never forget this. Image the emotional side to this... Bertuzzi must realize that his career will never quite be the same. He will still be the power forward in the game, but I have a feeling that this incident will take a bit of an edge off of him. I live very close to vancouver (used to live there) and the mood is of great somber. We know that our team will never be the same without him.. Go Canucks!

The instigator rule has to go.

Steve Moore should have been pounded on every time the puck dropped with him on the ice.  Better yet the entire bench should have cleared after the hit on Naslund a week or two ago.

Yes, the NHL wants to discourage this sort of activity but what is the alternative?  Nasty stick work, attempts to injure, dirty hits and whatever the heck you call Bertuzzi's attack on Moore.  I'd rather have the old time hockey where the players established their own respect rather then hearing from Colin Campbell and waiting weeks for retribution.

I agree with the instigator rule being taken out. It seems to cause more problems than it does help. Players should be allowed to battle it out, however they do cross the line sometimes and make mistakes in which case the league has to step in.

What is the difference between his actions and McSorley?

A stick. Listen to Brian Burke's press conference and you'll see exactly how the media is portraying Bertuzzi and how upset Brian is.

I think what he did was wrong but the media is making him personally seem much worse. He made a mistake and he's willing to pay the price for it, but it does not make him personally a terrible guy IMO.

*edit* A guy in my class had an interesting idea. They are still not sure how long Moore will be out b'c of the sevarity of his injury. Why not keep Bertuzzi out until Moore comes back and re-asses his suspension upon Moore's return. Also it should be Bertuzzi paying the fine, not the team, even though he's losing a quarter million for the suspension anyway.

I think a hefty fine would deter players from doing this kind of thing again.

I agree that 16 games isn't enough. I thought I read on ESPN that the NHL commish can extend the punishment into next season and that he will decide before training camp next year.

First of all there were 13 games left in the regular season. He already missed one waiting for his meeting with Colin Campbell. Plus there will be a minimum of four games in the playoffs but it could be much higher.

If the Canucks were to play four seven games series and make it to the last game of the Stanley Cup then Bertuzzi could miss 41 games this season alone because of this incident.

We also don't know if Bertuzzi caused the neck injury. That very well could have been caused by his own teammates' decisions to jump on the pile.

Brian Burke's medical expert says that Steve Moore could be skating as soon as four to six weeks.

I think the suspension for this year is fine but I don't expect it to be extended into next year.

Image the emotional side to this... Bertuzzi must realize that his career will never quite be the same. He will still be the power forward in the game, but I have a feeling that this incident will take a bit of an edge off of him. I live very close to vancouver (used to live there) and the mood is of great somber. We know that our team will never be the same without him.. Go Canucks!

Oh please. This is absolutely nothing at all like the Danny Heatley and Dan Snyder tragedy. Bertuzzi's known for doing stuff like this. It's nothing new at all, don't pretend it is.

Someone from another forum I go to posted these tid-bits:

in 1991, playing in the Northern Ontario midget championships, when his team was beaten out in the finals by Sault Ste. Marie and he chased the winning team's bus out of the parking lot, swearing and pounding on the windows, out of control.
The next year, his first in the Ontario Hockey League, Bertuzzi missed the end of that season and the beginning of the next when he was suspended 15 games for kicking a Kitchener player.
The year after that, in his own locker room, for no apparent reason other than jealousy, he punched out teammate Jeff O'Neill, who at the time was Guelph's prized first-round pick.
In the NHL, Bertuzzi punched linesman Jean Morin in a 1996 scuffle and ended up suspended for three games before losing 10 more games to suspension for jumping the bench to attack a Colorado player in 2001.

Hardly the "I don't play that way," type guy.

Wave,Mar 12 2004, 13:57] A stick. Listen to Brian Burke's press conference and you'll see exactly how the media is portraying Bertuzzi and how upset Brian is.

LMFAO... That's why Burke was saying that the NHL took "10 minutes" to decide the suspension and that it wasn't deserved at all. No way Burke is upset at all about what happened; Burke is only upset about the suspension.

Oh please. This is absolutely nothing at all like the Danny Heatley and Dan Snyder tragedy. Bertuzzi's known for doing stuff like this. It's nothing new at all, don't pretend it is.

Actually Danny Heatley was kinda known for driving irresponsively fast before the crash that killed Dan Snyder.

Burke is only upset about the suspension.

And Bettman is only concerned with what looks good for the league. What's your point? They all have vested interests.