Bertuzzi under Police Investigation

[to scorpio] I know the Heatley thing is more tragic... but I think breaking someones neck would be quite tragic for a person who has it, and for the person who has done it.

LMFAO... That's why Burke was saying that the NHL took "10 minutes" to decide the suspension and that it wasn't deserved at all. No way Burke is upset at all about what happened; Burke is only upset about the suspension.

He is upset about the suspension yes, but he is even more upset at the effect of losing bert will have on his hockey club

[to scorpio] I know the Heatley thing is more tragic... but I think breaking someones neck would be quite tragic for a person who has it, and for the person who has done it.

The whole "broken neck" thing is a bit of a misnomer.

Suspension of 10 games, at the most. Even though it was a horrible sucker punch, the guy went down like a bag of bones really easily (which puts into question this guy's intentions) but his act went sour when Bertuzzi fell on him and two aves piled on him right after.

I see no reason why they should condemn Bert, as both teams and fans have done. Moore's hit on Naslund was flat out cheap, and Moore knew revenge was on the way but didn't want to take it like a man.

As I always said, last nite's game was not hockey. It was surreal.

Cheers (I hope :unsure: )

First off the reason he went down like a bag of bones is because he was out cold before he hit the ice. Second, the hit he put on Naslund was clean. Even Naslund agreed with that.

REMOTE, YOUR ARE SOOO F*CKING WRONG!

it was cheep and he got ousted from the rest of the season, i can understand that.

but if you are going to press charges on this.

YOU FU*KING HIPPICRITS IF YOU CHARGE HIM FOR THIS 1 HIT THEN EVERY TIME 2 PLAYERS FIGHT IT THEY BOTH SHOULD GO TO JAIL!

i saw the video on hockeyfights.com

it ****es me off how this was so blatent.

atleast, if you are going to "get" someone... do it somewhat decently instead of being a total bitchass ######.

And Bettman is only concerned with what looks good for the league. What's your point? They all have vested interests.

Oh really? If he was, then he'd have Bertuzzi, a Vancouver fan-favorite, back in the game soon. Bertuzzi is an all star player.

No duh he's doing what's best for the league. You just said it yourself. What on earth is your point? You expect him to do what's worst for the league?

Also: give me proof that Heatley was "known" for driving irresponsibly.

Oh really? If he was, then he'd have Bertuzzi, a Vancouver fan-favorite, back in the game soon. Bertuzzi is an all star player.

No duh he's doing what's best for the league. You just said it yourself. What on earth is your point? You expect him to do what's worst for the league?

Also: give me proof that Heatley was "known" for driving irresponsibly.

The NHL has received A LOT of bad press about this incident. Bettman needed to send a message that his office is dealing with it.

Someone was critizing Burke for doing what's best for his team. I was just stated that every person has a vested interest. Perhaps the NHLPA should hand out the suspensions since they could represent both the injured and the accused thus removing some bias and adding impartiality.

The crash that killed Synder was not Heatley first expensive car that he crashed. You can do a google for it. As I recall, something similar happened with a fancy BMW or something.

Yes, and that's what they did. Ask the players if they feel it was a valid suspension and I can practically promise you that it will be an overwhelming majority who say it was a just suspension.

I just searched what you said.

"On Jan. 10, 2002, Heatley, driving a 2001 Infiniti QX4, rear-ended another vehicle, according to a police report.

"Heatley told the investigating officer that he didn't notice the other car, a 1997 Infiniti, had stopped for traffic. The collision knocked the older Infiniti into a Jeep Cherokee.

"No injuries were reported in that crash, and Heatley was charged with following too closely."

Sorry, but that's hardly being "known" for driving irresponsibly. He accidentally hit a person. That happens everyday. There is absolutely no way on earth you can compare that with Heatley's "other accident". That's just asinine.

I just searched what you said.

"On Jan. 10, 2002, Heatley, driving a 2001 Infiniti QX4, rear-ended another vehicle, according to a police report.

"Heatley told the investigating officer that he didn't notice the other car, a 1997 Infiniti, had stopped for traffic. The collision knocked the older Infiniti into a Jeep Cherokee.

Sorry, but that's hardly being "known" for driving irresponsibly. He accidentally hit a person. That happens everyday. There is absolutely no way on earth you can compare that with Heatley's "other accident". That's just asinine.

It was the same street. He was speeding.

I'd like to see a link to that, considering that everywhere I went said he barely tapped the guy.

He hid the car in front of him hard enough to push it into the car in front of it.

If you have a subscription to the Toronto Star then you can go look it up but the free stuff just goes back 14 days. It was by Rosie Dimanno (sp?).

It doesn't take much to do that. That's really not saying much. Based on the articles I have found, it wasn't a huge hit. Even by what you're telling me, it wasn't a big accident. Hardly indicative of the other accident that happened.

whatever, Heatley's car accident was not related to the NHL (directly), so it's not up to the NHL to really care about their players' private lives unless theyre into drugs and bad press for the league.