Serious AIDS Question

Possibilities include:

-Mutated from a virus that had only previously infected animals.

-From an astoroid that crashed on earth

-Nature taking it's course

-DNA mutation

-Simply not ever being properly dianoised/discovered before

Of course, then there's the "crack-pot" therory

-Developed in a lab by US Government to rid the world of minorities and homosexuals

-An infection caused by mating with extra-terrestials

-God seeking vengence on the "sinners"

Possibilities include:

That one doesn't belong in the "Crack-Pot" theories?

As far as a time line goes, yes it did just pop-up in the 70s. Although that itself implies infection in the 60s.

[-Developed in a lab by US Government to rid the world of minorities and homosexuals]

LOL, that is a good conspiracy theory

Edit: No need for name calling.

- shockz

fine...but its a stupid theory (although i wouldnt put it past any red neck american)

Edited by aaroniekins

That one doesn't belong in the "Crack-Pot" theories?

As far as a time line goes, yes it did just pop-up in the 70s. Although that itself implies infection in the 60s.

actually, that theory is a very valid one. It's believed that the common cold virus was the result of an astroid that crashed on earth millions of years ago.

Possibilities include:

-Mutated from a virus that had only previously infected animals.

-Nature taking it's course

-DNA mutation

-Simply not ever being properly dianoised/discovered before

Of course, then there's the "crack-pot" therory

-Developed in a lab by US Government to rid the world of minorities and homosexuals

-An infection caused by mating with extra-terrestials

-God seeking vengence on the "sinners"

THese would make a nice addition to this thread

OPaul is right - the first case of "AIDS" in the US was documented in 80. It was probably around much earlier than that. Geez, it used to be called "Gay Cancer" because it was believed that only gays had it. There are actually small groups of people (can't remember what countries) that can carry it but not actually suffer from it. They probably had it for decades before passing it on.

OPaul is right - the first case of "AIDS" in the US was documented in 80. It was probably around much earlier than that. Geez, it used to be called "Gay Cancer" because it was believed that only gays had it. There are actually small groups of people (can't remember what countries) that can carry it but not actually suffer from it. They probably had it for decades before passing it on.

if im right its somewhere in africa....they're trying to figure out why they seem to be immuned but nothing yet

Go and rent the movie And The Band Played On. It will tell you pretty much everything currently known, although the movie is very early 1990s I believe.

Fact is, if scientists knew the origin of it or how it came to be, surely they would be alot more closer to a cure or fix than they are. I recently saw an article on CNN.com about how either some species of monkeys or rats (can't remember) produced a defiance against HIV.

it spread faster among gays due to the fact the intenstine absorbs stuff like crazy, like semen

plus when theres sperm involved, the body's immune system is weakened cause it tries to fight it off, therefor the aids gets in easier...so thats probably why its called hte gay cancer...well not anymore everyone is less ignorant now

As for immunities, i read an article once saying there was a theory that some people who get infected fight it off right away and build up an immunity, similar to hepetitus...but its a VERY small portion of the population

it spread faster among gays due to the fact the intenstine absorbs stuff like crazy, like semen

plus when theres sperm involved, the body's immune system is weakened cause it tries to fight it off, therefor the aids gets in easier...so thats probably why its called hte gay cancer...well not anymore everyone is less ignorant now

As for immunities, i read an article once saying there was a theory that some people who get infected fight it off right away and build up an immunity, similar to hepetitus...but its a VERY small portion of the population

i saw a doumentary which suggested it spread more easily through the foreskin/head of the penis (cant remember exactly), which is why it was more commonly diagnosed in males

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite.jsp?doc=2098.3cce

See the above link.

It's probably been around for some time, but wasn't really identified until the 80s. Increased travel, intravenous drugs, some sexual activities, etc., in years prior probably increased its spread. Would previously have been one of those mysterious diseases that caused people to die / was attributed to something else.

Finally got recognized as its own consistent thing / disease in the 80s. Didn't "spring up", but was suddenly seen for what it was, became traceable, and to some degree did have various global interaction factors that helped it spread even more rapidly than it had previously.

It was the ability to identify and report AIDS that *truly* sprung up more than the disease itself.

Developed in a lab by US Government to rid the world of minorities and homosexuals

I've heard of this altered a bit as more of a form of population control. Meh, who knows.

Fact is, if scientists knew the origin of it or how it came to be, surely they would be alot more closer to a cure or fix than they are. I recently saw an article on CNN.com about how either some species of monkeys or rats (can't remember) produced a defiance against HIV.

I saw this, apparently some monkeys are immune to the disease so they are beginning to extract the enzyme or whatever it may be that makes them immune for use on humans. Sounds promising.

Yep, the intestine absorbs things more efficiently - look at heroin addicts who use supositories (sp?) to get the drug in to their systems faster. And the population of AIDs-immune people I believe is in Africa. I read an article a while back (several years) about the prostitutes from this area that will spread it but never suffer from it. Sad.

Immnuities - I'm not sure if this is still true, but mother's with AIDs who give birth to a child will pass it on to their newborn. But somehow the child has the ability to fight it off. Not in all cases, I'm sure, but enough to take note. Anyone else have info on this?

AIDs and prostitutes

Wave,Mar 10 2004, 09:51] I've heard of this altered a bit as more of a form of population control. Meh, who knows.

Yeah, search for Plum Island and see how much stuff they blame on the US government. Lyme disease is another good one they say came from there.