detonator XP problems

Spectre    0

well, i just got the XP drivers and they're FAST AS HELL but, while playing max payne, i've encountered a terrible bug which can either be caused by the drivers, or by the operating system itself. i'm running the 2526 XP build, and sometimes, in the middle of the game, the screen turns black and my machine reboots, all of a sudden. windows then informs me that the "device was unable to perform a drawing operation". has anyone encountered similar problems? should i get the 2600 build, maybe?

my specs:

Athlon Classic 800

Windows XP Pro 2526

256 MB RAM

Detonator XP Drivers

GeForce 2 GTS 32MB (Elsa Gladiac)

kamikaze    0

i'm downloading now i'll let you no how it gos in max payne i'm running final xp

+Tikimotel    23

can't get my refreshrate setting going for D3D or OpenGL, nay suggestions?

on RC1 2505, they were slow (-30% performance)

no driver info with quake3 (hanged,crashed)

All settings 60Hz damn win2k an XP.

aco    0
Originally posted by Spectre  

well, i just got the XP drivers and they're FAST AS HELL but, while playing max payne, i've encountered a terrible bug which can either be caused by the drivers, or by the operating system itself. i'm running the 2526 XP build, and sometimes, in the middle of the game, the screen turns black and my machine reboots, all of a sudden. windows then informs me that the "device was unable to perform a drawing operation". has anyone encountered similar problems? should i get the 2600 build, maybe?

my specs:

Athlon Classic 800

Windows XP Pro 2526

256 MB RAM

Detonator XP Drivers

GeForce 2 GTS 32MB (Elsa Gladiac)

I am using XP final and have just been playing MAX PAYNE, no probs here with the new drivers....yet :D

Kheldar    0

I have had the drawing error under CORP XP running NHL 2001

Khujo    0

I get draw errors any time my gfx card tries to switch to 3d mode, I've got a geforce 2 mx 32mb with final xp, oh well back to 12.41.drivers

baphomet_irl    0

Tikimotel,

use the 'nvidia refresh rate fix' (just type that in Google) prog - althou this wont install in XP - apparently if u run it in compatability mode for 98 or 2000 it will work.

If that doesnt work - e-mail me and ill try and find how to hack the registry manually - thats what I did.

hope that helps

I would recommend removing the display adapter in device manager, then reinstalling with the new detonators - cos it sounds weird that Q3 cant find the drivers.....

Jon    5

GeForce2 Mx 32meg on devils own here, no problems at all.

OFP runs slower than in win2k tho, more pauses when large sounds are played. hm.

Jon

Khujo    0

I don't know whats wrong with my card, i get a out of memory d3d error some times or it will just crash to the windows desktop, i've tried 12.90 and 14.70 but only 21.81 gives me that error, it sucks i wanted to see if i would get at least a few frames per second but i guess 0 is all i can do, i even tried to reapply directx 8.1 but still no luck only the nvidia demo would run no games

YahoKa    0

Hmm.. i got a whole lotta problems with "nv4_disp" when i was in AGP 4x mode.... try 2X (or exeriment with AGP timer if you are more advanced).

dslava    0

refresh rate fix program says that it was unable to locate display adapter setup info and you can't run it in compatability mode for 98 since it request win2000