Vehicle's Top Speed

Whats your vehicle's top speed or at least the speed you've driven it at?

Feel free to tell us where as well.

I got my 1991 Honda Civic up to 110MPH on the straight of Marlborough Point! :laugh: :laugh:

2001 Celica GTS, this is the same color as mine too, top speed is listed at 134, i have only gone 100 on this long road last night around 1230, i just got it last week and i am hesitant to test it to the fullest, i dont feel like dealing with the chance of cops

toyotacelicagtsfront1.jpg

oh and my old car, the PT Cruiser that got wrecked while i was sleeping - see thread https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=141437 .. fastest i ever got it to go was 112 on the interstate just outside of Atlanta

do you have a full license yet or are you still on a temp? do your parents know that you do stupid **** when you go out driving? wait....aren't you supposed to be accompanied by an adult when you drive???????

I am on a learner's permit and what they don't know won't hurt them.

Besides it was midnight and there wasn't a sngle car on the road.

Catnip.. I love your car! :wub:

i hit 147 in my 97 Dodge Dakota going down a mile long track. don't know how long it took me to get there but i know i was doing atleast 100mph, 15 seconds into the run.

1992 VW Corrado G60 with a selection of mods taking it from 160BHP to (hopefully) somewhere around the 200BHP mark.

I should imagine its quite easily good for around (or over?) 140MPH.. i've taken it to 100MPH a few times and it had no problems getting there at all :)

Pic attached.. because.. well.. for the hell of it :)

post-7-1079304063.jpg

Edited by Chicane-UK

well you can kill yourself just as long as you don't hurt others in the process

this is retarted... what is it with the kids who always talk about driving at BS speeds... pathetic

You know.. driving at high speed is not dangerous provided the car is capable of doing it, the road is suitable (ie long and straight, and in good condition) and you are not breaking any laws in the process.

what will they think when the police call them up at 3am to tell them that their stupid kid just got pulled over for driving w/o a license? or when the police come to the door to tell them that their stupid kid just got killed because he was speeding and lost control and nailed a tree?

Ah yeah, before you try that again it's probably worth mentioning that in some states traveling over 100 mph is considered assault with a deadly weapon.

Having said that, the fastest I've ever hit was 100 even in my Jeep Cheeroke, but it was to get out of the way of a 18-wheeler that was merging in my lane. Granted, I was going ~85 or 90 before I hit it.

i got my 96 Mustang GT up to 145...yea it was modified a bit. i ended up flipping the thing over in a ditch a couple weeks later going the blazing fast speed of 40. it was wet and some *** was in my lane :( now im driving a 96 neon for temporary, i havent tried anything with it, it doesnt run too awful well at 55.

i got my 50cc MBK Ovetto scooter to 60mph!!! (with mods- technigas exhaust) YEAH, I KNOW, I ROCK!

ok, so i've only been 17 (legal car driving age in UK) for 5 days and had my scooter for about a year.

:ninja:

what will they think when the police call them up at 3am to tell them that their stupid kid just got pulled over for driving w/o a license? or when the police come to the door to tell them that their stupid kid just got killed because he was speeding and lost control and nailed a tree?

i don't think anyone asked about people's opinions on driving fast anita. you saying these things won't stop anyone from driving fast. damn

my old car i went around 115. it was nowhere near maxed out. but it was raining and there was a pretty sharp curve coming up so i slowed down a bit. (i also had 3 other people in the car too.)

my jeep i've had over 100. i don't drive as fast as i used to though anymore. i keep it around 85-90 max now.

1999 Honda Civic, got it up to about 105 going to vegas... got there really quick... I had a 1981 sh** brown Mazda 626 that only go up to 70 going st8, and amost 80 going down hill... LOL gotta love my first car :)

My car:

1024x768-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Spyder-GT-02.jpg

(except mine's white w/ black leather interior)

I got it up to 110mph, but all the freeways near my house have frequent curves so I don't usually wanna go past 95 lest I loose control. It handles great at 110mph, though... I love it :wub: I hear there's a highway somewhere around here (I-15?) that's just straight and straight and straight, and the road quality is excellent... Never been there, but if I do ever go there, I'll be sure to go 150ish.