Vehicle's Top Speed

It was a morning... with like 2 miles of free street... no cars... beautiful morning... We just couldn't go slow, btw it was one of the best experiences of my life

uhhh...i call bullsh*t too.... 162mph on 2 miles of street, c'mon rookie if your going to make sh*t up at least make it believeable. That means you accelerated hit the 162 and decelerated all in alittle over a minute. Sure. :pinch:

uhhh...i call bullsh*t too.... 162mph on 2 miles of street, c'mon rookie if your going to make sh*t up at least make it believeable. That means you accelerated hit the 162 and decelerated all in alittle over a minute. Sure. :pinch:

he must have AOL technology :devil:

um... i hit 110 in my old '96 Supra, ive never felt comfortable at speed. I prefere fast corners and british country roads (you dont have an equivilant in america, except a drag strip), i took it to the isle of man a few years ago. it was most awesome.

Anyways, ive got sensible since then. My '02 Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.5 Turbo Diesel doesnt feel comfortable past 95 and my first car - a volvo 940 turbo wagon had dodgy tracking so past 90 was a no-go.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion on this issue, but there was a very tragic accident near my town last week. A kid with his drivers permit was driving 6 of his friends, going 70mph in a 30 and the kid lost control of the car, running into a ditch, thus killing everyone. Just wanted to let you know...

But I got my mom's/mine 97 Chrysler Sebring Convertible up to 100mph. Damn car was about to die any second. :devil:

Car: Lexus IS300 5-Speed -- 126mph

Car: Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe - *around* 135mph

this was done on 7-8 mile long stretch of road... (its almost totaly empty...) --- Both cars were stock so the speed was not maintained... its scary as **** at those speeds...

RPM -- i would advise you not to drive at those speeds... specially on a learners permit... i have been driving for almost 4 years now... and i would not do it in the car you drive...

hehe nothing beats my ferrari experenice. It was my fathers and we went on some back roads in north carolina (good god that was um over 9 years ago).

First thing we did was go 160+ i stopped looking at the speedometer then i was seven years old. I **** my pants almost.

We were going good and a ###### pulled out right infront of us. We slammed on the breaks and it was a good thing I had my seat belt on the car goes 160 to 0 really quick. He ruined the tires off of that lol there was so much blue smoke in the air.

Now after that we are going over 150 and he hits a cat. LOL so funny he was picking fur out of its engine for weeks. I told him to go home after that. He agreed.

He went back and ran over the cat again for it being a ****** and hitting his ferrari :whistle: good times.

God how i miss that car :( he use to pick me up at elementary school with it. Was so funny how all the kids starred. I use to be embarassed. If only i could go back and slap my self.

If it scratched your ferrari you wouldnt run over its ass again? (with a diffrent car).

I saved a squrriel today so :p

No way :dontgetit:

I wouldnt take a poor cat's life just cause it got a little scratch on my car... It wasnt its fault anyway, YOU ran it over.

(PS: This is my 500th post in the General Discussion forum :laugh: )

hehe nothing beats my ferrari experenice. It was my fathers and we went on some back roads in north carolina (good god that was um over 9 years ago).

First thing we did was go 160+ i stopped looking at the speedometer then i was seven years old. I **** my pants almost.

We were going good and a ###### pulled out right infront of us. We slammed on the breaks and it was a good thing I had my seat belt on the car goes 160 to 0 really quick. He ruined the tires off of that lol there was so much blue smoke in the air.

Now after that we are going over 150 and he hits a cat. LOL so funny he was picking fur out of its engine for weeks. I told him to go home after that. He agreed.

He went back and ran over the cat again for it being a ****** and hitting his ferrari :whistle: good times.

God how i miss that car :( he use to pick me up at elementary school with it. Was so funny how all the kids starred. I use to be embarassed. If only i could go back and slap my self.

If you hit a cat at 150 mph it would take the front bumper off. :huh:

it did something really bad i think it hit just right were it went thru the car and came out the back i just rember there being fur in the engine that i sat and watched him pick out. It was nasty.

No way :dontgetit:

I wouldnt take a poor cat's life just cause it got a little scratch on my car... It wasnt its fault anyway, YOU ran it over.

(PS: This is my 500th post in the General Discussion forum :laugh: )

If a cat scratched my car, any car, I would stab it with needles and random rusty metal objects for hours. Either that or just throw the damn thing into oncoming traffic and watch the show :devil:

Stock 99 Mustang, 6 cyl (just has a K&N filter), it will automatically

cut out around 113mph.

My other car (work) is a 2002 Focus (4cyl), I've had it to almost 100,

but I guess I'm getting old....in something so small, I didn't want to

push 13" tires too much ;)

:alien:

95MPH on a 98 Range Rover

105MPH on a 96 Stratus (my car)

110MPH on a 99 Intrepid

130MPH on a 98 750il :happy: so nice, but you gotta turn of the DSC controls and stuff.

you guys are all crazy, those speeds ain't exactly safe.

oh and my fastest was only 110 haha

no actually, i remember doing 300 at the bonneville salt flats in a jet powered rocket car

1996 VW GTI VR6

Fasted done: 220km/hr (136mph) (electronically rev limited)

Car will do stock 235 km/hr (146mph) if I bypass limiter using a third party chip.

My car:

Bean_gti_2%20copy.jpg

... and my new 2001 jetta vr6 got up to 250 km/h both stock

This car in stock form is electronically limited to 220km/hr (136mph).

If there is anyone from Indiana, there is I-465 around Indy, which, for anyone that doesn't know, is a big circle around Indianapolis, the posted speed limit is 65, but everytime I have ever been on everyone has been going at least 80...

And then, if you head down Interstate 74 off I-465 towards Kentucky, within 20 miles you'll hit exit 103, which is london road, turn right at the exit, head past the cemetary and pass the trailer park. The trailer park is where you will start wanting to accelerate. It is known as the Central Indiana slalom course... Recommended that you become familiar with the road before you even try too high of a speed, because it runs along an 30 to some points 50 foot embankment that will make your car end up in Sugar Creek, and I recommend a manual tranny for the road, because there will be points where you'll need to drop a gear. But, anyway, you have 20+ miles of a high speed slalom course, take it at risk...

That said...

2000 Ford Mustang V6 5 speed Manual... Top speed its been taken... 120 mph... Top speed on London Road... 96 mph.

2000 Chevy Sierra V8 Automatic... Top speed it's been taken... 100 mph.... Top speed on London Road... 78 mph, and lost control of the rearend and went through a small field.

1997 Ford Taurus SHO V8 Automatic... Top Speed it's been taken... 130 mph... Top Speed on London Road... 80 mph

1989 Ford F150 V8 Automatic.... Top Speed it's been taken... According to the speedometer, 80mph, but at least 100... Top Speed on London Road... 45 mph, primarily because of the loose steering, and it scares the sh|t out of me...

My 2003 Sunfire has a safety limiter at 107mph (about 170kph)

I've only had it there once. I'm sure without the limiter it could break 200kph, but it would not be safe.