Vehicle's Top Speed

True dat but turn off lights and fade into the night.....

586608276[/snapback]

They'd almost certainly dispatch a chopper if you were caught at that speed. Lights or not, you're unlikely to outrun that.

I've had my Accord up around 155 mph. Kept up with my brothers Integra GS-R.

I've watched a Ferrari 355 outrun a helicopter. Helicopters only travel at like 150 - 160 mph. (At least the police ones)

mine is only about 135/140mph - Delta's arent really the most aerodynamic cars ever made eheh - wind noise is pretty noticeable from 70 mph upwards :p

mine is only about 135/140mph - Delta's arent really the most aerodynamic cars ever made eheh - wind noise is pretty noticeable from 70 mph upwards :p

586613578[/snapback]

"Delta?" As in Delta 88? That's scary. :o

303km on The BLACKBIRD

586606277[/snapback]

Wow.

My dad almost bought an R1 the other day but he opted for the more comfortable Thundercat. Still a lovely bike, can't wait to get on it.

*edit* jak0bk - Thats awesome, i would love to see that. I did once see a Porsche GT2 out run a ploice helicopter on one of those Police chase shows. Legend.

"Delta?" As in Delta 88?  That's scary.  :o

586614756[/snapback]

as a European i didnt know wot car u were talking about eheh - and yeh it wud be scary to be doin those speeds in that car eheh - no my car is a Lancia Delta Integrale - like the car in my sig :p

as a European i didnt know wot car u were talking about eheh - and yeh it wud be scary to be doin those speeds in that car eheh - no my car is a Lancia Delta Integrale - like the car in my sig :p

586615312[/snapback]

I'm American and my only experience with the Lancia brand is playing Rally games.

Anywho, here's an Oldmobile Delta 88

Delta88.jpg

Some friends and I were going to meet up in Virginia for the weekend. Well on their way there, they got in an accident and called me while they were out in the middle of nowhere Virginia to come pick them up :p I hopped in my car and drove up there. My speedometer in my truck only goes to 100 :pinch: but I made the 180 mile trip in one hour and 45 minutes....Just straight Virginia highway hardly any cars the whole way

Some friends and I were going to meet up in Virginia for the weekend. Well on their way there, they got in an accident and called me while they were out in the middle of nowhere Virginia to come pick them up  :p I hopped in my car and drove up there. My speedometer in my truck only goes to 100  :pinch: but I made the 180 mile trip in one hour and 45 minutes....Just straight Virginia highway hardly any cars the whole way

586615852[/snapback]

Avg Speed = 102.86 mph

Not that fast...but fast enough to have your license suspended.

I'm American and my only experience with the Lancia brand is playing Rally games.

Anywho, here's an Oldmobile Delta 88

Delta88.jpg

586615347[/snapback]

yeh i do think a lot of ppl wouldnt have a clue who Lancia are if it werent for Sega Rally Championship, Gran Turismo and Colin McRae, and Project Gotham (althou i dont want to talk about that games interpretation of the car eheh)

oh i c - thats nice - when i did a searhc for delta88 it brought up some kinda family carrier thing :o - thats why i was saying yeh it wud be scary :p

I've had my Accord up around 155 mph. Kept up with my brothers Integra GS-R.

I've watched a Ferrari 355 outrun a helicopter. Helicopters only travel  at like 150 - 160 mph. (At least the police ones)

586613188[/snapback]

Yes, but, they also travel in a straight line, and can keep that speed constantly.

586613578[/snapback]

Having had a integrale or 2 myself, I can confirm that it's somewhere in the region of 137.5mph, if memory serves me correctly, this is also the speed listed in the handbook. It's more to do with gearing than aerodynamics, although aerodynamics are not great. Even the Hyena (which was about 200kg lighter and a lot more aerodynamic) will only hit the same top speed.

Having had a integrale or 2 myself, I can confirm that it's somewhere in the region of 137.5mph, if memory serves me correctly, this is also the speed listed in the handbook. It's more to do with gearing than aerodynamics, although aerodynamics are not great. Even the Hyena (which was about 200kg lighter and a lot more aerodynamic) will only hit the same top speed.

586617007[/snapback]

nice - u cud also get the Hyena with 250 or so out the factory i believe - I saw one in the flesh at the Lancia AGM this year - beautiful