Norton Antivirus 2002

strife379

I bought Norton Antivirus 2001 for my Windows 2000 pc and I think its the best antivirus software out there that I have used, I tried to install it under Windows XP and it basically didn't like that. I was wondering is there anywhere I can get NAV2002?

Elin27

Any computer store can buy Norton Antivirus 2002..Where else that you want to get????

strife379

Thanks, I found the information I was looking for.

Khaotik

hey i have the same problem and was wondering if you figured out how to fix it or if you found norton 2002? Can ya let me know thanks.

Elin27

So far I tested with NAV Under WindowsXP and the only version that it works is NAV Corp Verison 7.6 and also NAV 2002

:o

Khaotik

where'd you get nav 2002 and is it only beta test or is it the actual thing?

aco
Originally posted by Khaotik  

where'd you get nav 2002 and is it only beta test or is it the actual thing?

This is not the place to discuss warez. However, I can answer a few things for you.

1. It is not a beta, the real thing is out.

2. I do not think you can download a free trial version off the symantec website (yet).

3. If you don't have Windows XP then it is not worth upgrading from NAV 2001, because the virus updates have not finished yet for 2001 (I think 2000 is just about finished).

Khaotik

1) Virus updates never finish because virus's are constantly comming out.

2) I DO warez..its what I do so i can discuss it here if need be heh it really is not that big a deal I was just curious because I had no seen it on any of the ftp's. Do you have it in warez or did you buy it and either way as long as it works thats all I wanna know.

Does 2002 work with xp...

Khaotik

nevermind I got it. It was only a 30 meg download or something and yes it works with winXP. Peace

aco

1) Virus updates never finish because virus's are constantly comming out....

You should have read my post, NAV 2000 has expired. Yes, they are still making virus definitions but if you want the new ones you will have to buy NAV 2001 or 2002.

Yes downloaded my NAV 2002, but you cannot discuss your warez *much* here.

The rules are stated at the top of the page you are viewing now. Nyhow, glad you found NAV 2002 :)

mortensen

NAV 2002 runs very well on XP. It hasn't conflicted with anything I've done and it doesn't seem to have ANY affect on performance at all. biggrin.gif

duanewhite

It is said that if you download the updated Symantec Event files from Symantec, then NAV 2001 will work with Windows XP. The file SEVINST.EXE can be downloaded from this Symantec URL to update the Symantec Event files:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/sym...nt/symevnt.html

Reboot after running the SEVINST.EXE file. In any event Symantec will very likely release an official update obtainable from their LiveUpdate utility when XP becomes commercially available.

The NAV 2000 product stills works and works reasonably well. When sold as a retail product, then it comes with a year's worth of virus definitions. If you continue to use the product after your year is up, then in order to obtain new virus definitions you must subscribe for an additional years worth of definitions. The same is true of the NAV 2001 and 2002 products. In the past an additional year's subscription to virus definitions was the token amount of $3.95 for a year -- if this amount has not already increased, I expect it will in the not too distant future. If you actually have the NAV 2000 product, then I would recommend you consider upgrading to NAV 2002 which should hit retailer's shelves soon (if not there already) rather than purchasing an additional year's subscription to virus definitions (because NAV 2000 is getting _old_ which is not good for optimal antivirus protection). Note that you must be running Win 95b or newer version of Windows to use NAV 2001 or NAV 2002.

aco
Originally posted by duanewhite  

...The NAV 2000 product stills works and works reasonably well.  When sold as a retail product, then it comes with a year's worth of virus definitions.  If you continue to use the product after your year is up, then in order to obtain new virus definitions you must subscribe for an additional years worth of definitions.  The same is true of the NAV 2001 and 2002 products.  In the past an additional year's subscription to virus definitions was the token amount of $3.95 for a year -- if this amount has not already increased, I expect it will in the not too distant future.  If you actually have the NAV 2000 product, then I would recommend you consider upgrading to NAV 2002 which should hit retailer's shelves soon (if not there already) rather than purchasing an additional year's subscription to virus definitions (because NAV 2000 is getting _old_ which is not good for optimal antivirus protection).  Note that you must be running Win 95b or newer version of Windows to use NAV 2001 or NAV 2002.

:) You have just expained it alot better than I did. This is what I was trying to say to Khaotic. :)

DjmUK

Well before people continue saying..."It's Not Out Yet - It's Only Beta", let me just say that it IS out, I've had the full and final version (8.00.58) for a couple of weels now, I was able to get a copy the day it was leaked :o

P.S.

It works on WinXP perfectly - but...if you have an ASP site on your localhost then I recommend you de-activate the script blocking otherwise your site won't function correctly.

Khaotik

bleh i got the "trial" thing and the cracks wont work on it and I cannot find the whole thing via my warez hookups. Anyone got the entire copy I can trade divx or...well divx I got tons or if you just wanna be nice I could really use it. Anyone willin to send me it?

Icq me at 49523375

Khaotik

in the mene time im downloading systemworks 2002 which has it..but id much much much rather have just antivirus and not the nasty cluster **** that IS systemworks

Elin27

bleh i got the "trial" thing and the cracks wont work on it and I cannot find the whole thing via my warez hookups.  Anyone got the entire copy I can trade divx or...well divx I got tons or if you just wanna be nice I could really use it.  Anyone willin to send me it?

Icq me at 49523375

LOL..Never do that stupid thing in my life..Download the trial version from Symantec website and crack it? Isn't that stupid??

Of coz I do Warez (Actually, 99% of the software in my computer are WAREZ)

Here is the Norton Antivirus verison that I have :

Norton Antivirus V2002 - Version 8.00.58

Send you the files? Nah...There's no point to help someone that I didn't know in my life....Wish you luck to find it on the web then.

Here is the version that Khaotik should looking for..

Norton_AntiVirus_2002_v8.0_Win9X_NT_XP-PARADOX :)

DjmUK

Well I suppose I could trade you for SystemWorks 2002, I'll contact u via icq.

PS

We shouldn't be talking about where we can get our hands on warez :ninja:

Khaotik

Warez? What warez? i merely wanted an illegal free copy of NA 2002..never said i wanted warez :p

ghosty

im having probs getting NAV2002 to complete a full system scan...i have a dual boot, and it just hangs on my c: drive at a certain point and will not complete the scan

Spike

Norton Antivirus 2002 final works great in Windows XP (2600), but "Auto-Protect" loading is really slow, about 1 or 2 minutes.

DjmUK
Originally posted by ghosty  

im having probs getting NAV2002 to complete a full system scan...i have a dual boot, and it just hangs on my c: drive at a certain point and will not complete the scan

1st thing to do: Run a scandisk on each partition/drive to automatically fix errors

2nd thing to do: Try scanning one partition/drive at a time, it's not only quicker but you can then find out which drive is affected

SlashDot14
Originally posted by Spike  

Norton Antivirus 2002 final works great in Windows XP (2600), but "Auto-Protect" loading is really slow, about 1 or 2 minutes.

Do you have AOL? If so you it just happens because of the WAN network driver in the network connections. no way of going around it that I know of.

Spike
Originally posted by SlashDot14  

Do you have AOL?  If so you it just happens because of the WAN network driver in the network connections.  no way of going around it that I know of.

No, I don't use AOL, and Norton Antivirus is the unique startup program. Anyways, thanks for your help.