Router Configuration Panel

Can you guys take a screenshot of your router configuration panel/utility/cpanel or whatever you call it. I am just curious to see different brand's different panel looks. I believe most are web-browser based.

I made it small to not screw with the poor guys with 56k modems[like myself :(] It's good enough that you can blow it up however and still read pretty much everything.

Here's mine:

post-32-1079425248.jpg

Edited by mAcOdIn

I used to have a linksys BEFSR41 up until about a month ago...I read (and experienced) many problems concering it and high speed internet (I was using 1-way cable capped at 80K/sec download) but now im on 3mbps/512kbps and the router would keep resetting itself, losing the DHCP, losing the IP, after days of tinkering (and dealing with the crappy ass chips inside overheating from too many info being passed through) I went and bought the MR814, only to my surprise to see they had Version 2 which is very nice and tiny :yes: a lot better than version 1 which was like carrying around a brick :laugh: this router is awesome, works wonders. Let us hope that Cisco can fix Linksys' many problems :yes:

Fowen, Yo do you have both wanports connected to internet. That router is sweet did it come with the load balancing software or is it built in. :woot:

Yes, we have Qwest DSL: 7 mbit down and 1 mbit up, and Cox Biz: 2.5 mbit down and 300 kbit up. We use it basically for backup, but with this router it has a weird load balancing feature. You can set it so when the first connection is 50% used, it will start sending people out the second connection.

Overall it is a great product. Nexland made the hardware for the Symantec line of firewall's/routers (This is the same one I have, but mine doesn't have built in capabilities, mine is purple, and mine was 200$ instead of 1200$ http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,9781,00.asp). Symantec has since then bought them out, and now they do not sell the nexland products anymore :( .

Old skool, yeah I'm a geek:

H:/...s/BfVietnam/Archives/BfVietnam/Levels> telnet 10.0.0.139

User :

SpeedTouch (00-90-D0-32-9B-65)

Password : ########

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*                            ______

*                        ___/_____/\

*                        /        /\\ ALCATEL ADSL MODEM

*                  _____/__      /  \\

*                _/      /\_____/___ \  Version 3.2

*              //      /  \      /\ \

*      _______//_______/    \    / _\/______ Copyright 1999-2000.

*      /      / \      \    /    / /        /\

*  __/      /  \      \  /    / /        / _\__

*  / /      /    \_______\/    / /        / /  /\

* /_/______/___________________/ /________/ /___/  \

* \ \      \    ___________    \ \        \ \  \  /

*  \_\      \  /          /\    \ \        \ \___\/

*    \      \/          /  \    \ \        \  /

*      \_____/          /    \    \ \________\/

*          /__________/      \    \  /

*          \  _____  \      /_____\/

*            \ /    /\  \    /

*            /____/  \  \  /

*            \    \  /___\/

*              \____\/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

=>

I heard.. Microsoft = SMC, meaning Microsoft products are actually made by SMC. True?

I just skimmed over the boxes/actual unit/manuals/cd's and couldn't find anything even mentioning SMC, the router doesn't look like anything I'm aware of that comes from SMC, so I don't particularly think that's true - I could be wrong though - it happened once before.

Man your lucky you got it when you did. Thats a great product for the price good deal! :)
Yeah, you can still purchase them on eBay, but I dunno if you get support, or firmware upgrades with that. I also get a 5 year warranty with 5 years of tech support with the purchase. Back then it was the only dual port wan firewall that I could find, but now there is a few others out at a reasonable price.
I heard.. Microsoft = SMC, meaning Microsoft products are actually made by SMC. True?

I have asked this question quite a few times, and it seems Microsoft has kept a good secret about who makes their products. I have set up two different Microsoft routers and I highly recommend them to a novice user. They are very user friendly.

Not only that, but if they were made by SMC, I wouldn't hold it against them. Dell computers last I heard were made by Acer, but Dell is the support behind the product, so it does well, where the Acer line sucks. In this case, Microsoft would be supporting to product, not SMC.

my crappy d-link config. I HATE IT!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: i wanna hack the firmware and make my own config page

post-32-1079454880.jpg

my crappy d-link config. I HATE IT!!!!!? ? ? ? ? ? ? i wanna hack the firmware and make my own config page

Take a look at the interface I have for my router. It is defiantly not pretty. I don't necessarily go for the looks in the interface (how much do you actually look at it?). I go for functionality, quality, and support; which D-Link has all three.

Take a look at the interface I have for my router. It is defiantly not pretty. I don't necessarily go for the looks in the interface (how much do you actually look at it?). I go for functionality, quality, and support; which D-Link has all three.

Functionality - no, its disfunctional. 5 clicks to get to something that could take 2.

Quality - their cards suck, but the router is ok.

Support - never called for support

Functionality - no, its disfunctional. 5 clicks to get to something that could take 2.

Quality - their cards suck, but the router is ok.

Support - never called for support

Functionality - When I say functionality, it is how well it works, what it offers, not how I set it up, or how many "Clicks" I have to do to get to something.

Quality - We use the D-Link cards in all of our machine here who do not have a on-board NIC, and never had a problem.

Support - I have called support, and they know their product, and what to do to fix it

I agree their interface sucks, but I would rather have a crappy interface, and a good product and support (D-Link), or a good interface with a crappy product and crappy support (SMC).

their wireless cards are trash. (N)

support, ive heard some funny support calls from them on some forums.

but, for me functionality is how i set it up, spending 10 minutes looking for something, when it should only take me like 2 minutes. i find Linksys has the best interface.

I tryed the Dlink. Tried to change the default admin password. After that the router wouldn't work

I couldn't reset the dang thing to factory defaults the reset never seemed to take. Returned it and got my money back.

in dlink's defense though it was a preused product. Apparently Best Buy hadn't tested it enough before putting it back on the shelf.