Member Vote on Forum Order

Move the Help & Discussion Category up  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Move the Help & Discussion Category up

• No, leave it as it is
    • Yes, Help & Discussion as 1st Category
    • Admins can decide, they rock my world!

Let's move all Gendisc stuff to the bottom of the page. Problem solved. Most forums have "offtopic" stuff at the bottom.

YES! It's the LAST forum I check when I come to Neowin, and i hardly spend 2 mins in there anyway.

OR...

Get Neowin on ASP.NET and run something like the new My MSN page where members can click-and-drag the different forums wherever they want :D There's an idea :o Too bad Invision is PHP :/

BTW (I got side-tracked, oops :blush:) I voted to move Help & Support up (Y)

YES! It's the LAST forum I check when I come to Neowin, and i hardly spend 2 mins in there anyway.

OR...

Get Neowin on ASP.NET and run something like the new My MSN page where members can click-and-drag the different forums wherever they want :D There's an idea :o Too bad Invision is PHP :/

BTW (I got side-tracked, oops :blush:) I voted to move Help & Support up (Y)

ASP .NET Means neowin moves to Windows Server 2003 and leaves Linux. :o

I can't picture that happening.

The whole forum structure is a bit confusing,

Windows/mac/linux support sections are still tech releated and similar to the help and discusion but seperate

The compleated wallpaper section is in customizing windows even though walls arn't OS dependant

Some forums are organised OS specific, but other such as drivers and software arn't

But i have no problem with moving it down, my scroll wheel will bear the brunt of it

Yeah why not move it, Its only a scroll away. Its not going to stop me comming to Neowin. But let the mods have the final decision its there site. They can do what they want with it.

The whole forum structure is a bit confusing,

Windows/mac/linux support sections are still tech releated and similar to the help and discusion but seperate

The compleated wallpaper section is in customizing windows even though walls arn't OS dependant

Some forums are organised OS specific, but other such as drivers and software arn't

But i have no problem with moving it down, my scroll wheel will bear the brunt of it

IPB 2.0 allows sub-sub-forums IIRC, so this problem may be alleviated in the future.

I hope you guys are also anticipating that moving the Gendisc from the top will highly likely cause a crapload of OT stuff in the topmost forums.

ASP .NET Means neowin moves to Windows Server 2003 and leaves Linux. :o

I can't picture that happening.

Windows 2000 can run ASP.NET too, but I don't see that happening either :pinch: Even though this is Neowin... :shifty: :(

I hope you guys are also anticipating that moving the Gendisc from the top will highly likely cause a crapload of OT stuff in the topmost forums.

So we have a flamefest with spammers :ninja:

Windows 2000 can run ASP.NET too, but I don't see that happening either :pinch: Even though this is Neowin... :shifty: :(

You gonna help pay for it?

sniffle! i'm losing!!! awwww, that means change!!! i hate change!!!

but i still love neowin! sigh, guess i'll just have to live with it

I say let's give it a try. :) No harm in that. :)

Also, so maybe in this new "Tech-Look", AutoPatcher could be it's own main forum, and not a sub-forum? :D

lol Flish nice try :laugh:

I say go for the change (Y)

Then we'll control it, that's why we have all the staff. That's not a concern at all.

Then we'll control it, that's why we have all the staff. That's not a concern at all.

oh goodie goodie.. Hi I'm new threads in HardWare Hangout. :pinch:

oh goodie goodie.. Hi I'm new threads in HardWare Hangout.  :pinch:

If you think that'll happen then you're disillusioned. The content will not change, merely the ratio of posts between general and tech leaning towards tech again.

sniffle! i'm losing!!! awwww, that means change!!! i hate change!!!

but i still love neowin! sigh, guess i'll just have to live with it

Don't worry, things always seem to work out around here! :) ;)

If you think that'll happen then you're disillusioned. The content will not change, merely the ratio of posts between general and tech leaning towards tech again.

You already knew that i'm disillusioned. :p

We'll see. :yes:

i'd rather see it stay just the way it is, or if you must move the general category, at least just make it number 2, dont move it all the way to the bottom