The Great "Invision Board, phpBB & vBulliten" Poll

What is your favourite forum softare?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite forum softare?

• Invision Board
    • phpBB
    • vBulletin
    • Other (please specify)

Question

Ok guys, here it goes, just choose what is your favourite forum software and say why.

For me its Invision Board because it is so flexible, and the templating engine on it I think is great.

Invision Board copied vBulletin. Not copied and pasted code, I mean they copied the design of it. Even the administrator control panel is vastly similar to vB.

other: phvBullevision

why: ti is teh best, n00b!!!11

Invision Board copied vBulletin. Not copied and pasted code, I mean they copied the design of it. Even the administrator control panel is vastly similar to vB.

So that makes vBulletin the godfather of all bulletin boards in the whole universe, right?

Geez, wake up and look around my friend. Everybody copies each other, as in taking ideas and using them in thier own ways. And you know what, there's nothing wrong with it as it progresses things. Even your beloved vBulletin has taken ideas from other boards.

Edited by Andre

Invision board looks the best, but IPS are shifting very strongly towards charging for IPB dispite them saying that it will always be free, that's why I vote phpBB :D

vBulletin, forever and always ;)

Although I have started liking IB a lot more since it came to Neowin, but I've been using vB much longer (version 1).

I like the features of vBulletin and support you get. I like how stable IPB is, its more stable then vB but has less features.

Simple, Ikonboard

Oh and CoLdFuSi0n IPB is not free, IPB have said this themselves, its a "trial". As for it not costing an arm and leg...funny how it costs more the vBB for the lifetime/owned licence, and vBB is a much better PHP script.

Oh and IPB is also great because they provide no free support....yeah, great.

You're on an invision board, logically it's going to be the most common response. It's also what I use on my board. I just find it has the best interface.

You're on an invision board, logically it's going to be the most common response. It's also what I use on my board. I just find it has the best interface.

It doesn't have as many skins as phpBB though right?

My vote has to go to IPB and with 2 coming up they got me support them aswell.

However, I tried vB, phpBB and some other smaller ones before and they were pretty good too. It all depends on personal taste. IPB has a good skinning section, but phpBB admincp rocks.

Something I really love is the upcoming multi-quote on IPB. :wub:

Couch Potato?