mail server distro?

I have an old P200 laying around, and I want to see if I can set it up as an IMAP mail server for my household of 4. Is there such a thing as mail server distro? I know of router distros, but not mail.

If no distro, can you suggest alternatives? Maybe Slack with courier-IMAP? I dunno...

In my own searching I came across ClarkConnect. It does more than I need, but looks pretty nice.

Has anyone used it before?

i hear clarkconnect is pretty decent, put it this way haven't heard anything bad about it ;-)

but don't you have to have a domain registered for it? i.e. someone@something.com how is it going to work without it? someone@24.202.0.123? that's inconvenient.

Such is the inconvenience of "free as in beer". ;)

On the serious side, it really isn't that inconvenient. Send everyone an email, and have them add you to their address book. Then no one ever has to type it in. :yes:

However, if the original poster has DHCP, then that will change periodically.. :pinch:

Actually, I thought I could use fetchmail to get mail from my ISP via pop3, then pass it along to the imap server. Outgoing mail would still be username@myisp.com. I really don't see an issue here.