!60gb Xbox hard drive

Deaf Spacker

I am getting a 160gb hard drive for my Xbox tomorrow and now I need you guys to tell me what games to rip bearing in mind that I live in the UK. Already Got Ninja Gaiden on DVD R, I also heard that when I rip the games I have to convert a file to a .xbe or summat along the lines of that. Can anyone explain that?

Cheers :D

John

Uhh, yeah, I'm pretty sure you're breaking a rule by asking that... :ermm:

Unless you own the games, and if you do, I see no point ripping them to the hard drive :huh:

Boffa Jones

why dont you just buy the games?

Deaf Spacker
why dont you just buy the games?

Because I'm a cash strapped student thats why

bakerster

Thats no reason to be publicly downloading and Illgally copying games.

*Closed*

Matrix XII

I know lots of people that do that... I don't really agree with it but it's their choice.

Dominican0

i probably wont get any answers, but how in the world can those games be downloaded then copied??? wtf

Deaf Spacker
i probably wont get any answers, but how in the world can those games be downloaded then copied??? wtf

I dont download them or copy them so I cannot answer, but lemme say this theres no way I am ever paying ?40 for a game that I will play for a few weeks ever again. The game industry needs to look at its pricing because even GBA games are selling at ?35 which is just plain wrong. /end rant

v3nom

The reason why they're selling at such high prices in the first place is because of piracy... ;)

Deaf Spacker
The reason why they're selling at such high prices in the first place is because of piracy... ;)

Oh sure thats why the N64 prices were so high? Even back in the days when gaming was just taking off the prices were redicilous (dodgy spelling). Modders dont mod xbox's just to get cheap games, its to get extra functions out of the system ie XBMP.

bakerster

Yeah, N64 games costed up to 79.99!

Deaf Spacker
Yeah, N64 games costed up to 79.99!

Exactly! And some games required that expansion pack thingy that if you didnt have you had to buy which cost more money!

MrKuro

use a program like dvd2xbox, this will rip the game to the hard drive. This program also automatically patches the .xbe, so there is no hex editing involved. Very easy. Have with your new 160 hd, i've had one for a while, i need to upgrade (full), im thinking 300gig is next for me. BTW, what kind did you get?

bobeck
I dont download them or copy them so I cannot answer, but lemme say this theres no way I am ever paying ?40 for a game that I will play for a few weeks ever again. The game industry needs to look at its pricing because even GBA games are selling at ?35 which is just plain wrong. /end rant

downloading is as simple as a certain newsgroup with xbox in it's name...as far as copying them complex tools is your friend...both presuming you have a modded xbox of course

serox

They are priced so high because consumers are willing to pay it. If you really are outraged find tons of people to boycott a game and watch the price drop. It also costs alot of develop games so that is what you pay for.

Deaf Spacker
use a program like dvd2xbox, this will rip the game to the hard drive. This program also automatically patches the .xbe, so there is no hex editing involved. Very easy. Have with your new 160 hd, i've had one for a while, i need to upgrade (full), im thinking 300gig is next for me. BTW, what kind did you get?

I am getting a SAMSUNG SPINPOINT 160GB, I have DVD2XBOX so thats ok

TruBD

yes use dvd2xbox or complex tools

BroChaos

make sure it's lockable, if you want to ever play live.

i have a 250gb wd....yeah, it's full...

even if you own the games, it's better to rip. loads faster, and you don't have to mess with the discs.

DigitalN.

i can see this getting closed

NeoTrunks

Surprised it lasted this long.

BroChaos

well from now on, we should keep the discussion limited to backing up originals you own, just to keep it on the safe side.

Banzai

Dont be so cheep go out and buy the games like the rest of us if only people like you where about then the game and music companys would die out and then there would be no fun in the world. Ok maybe no fun but some real bad stuff would happen