Windows XP Service Pack 2 Technical Preview

anyone know why Windows update displays this all the time? (tried all MS fixes on help pages)

Buy Windows XP. Seriously. Windows Update V5 blacklists any invalid serials.

Buy Windows XP.  Seriously.  Windows Update V5 blacklists any invalid serials.

er, that's not the case, it was working perfect in sp1, and NOW it is alsow orking in sp2....all i had to do was enable auto updates once and disable it, this kicked the winupdate page into working and all is fine

beta updates uninstalled now, and it didnt ask to reboot! - they really were just "dummy" updates eh :p

i just made an SP2 RC slipstream for testing purposes and i'm curious about how to enable installation option for .NET framework which is extracted in "cmpnents>netfx" folder.

my intention is to enable "winxp setup>Perform Additional Tasks>Install .NET Framework" button :)

so is there anyone know how can i do this ?

i just made an SP2 RC slipstream for testing purposes and i'm curious about how to enable installation option for .NET framework which is extracted in "cmpnents>netfx" folder.

my intention is to enable "winxp setup>Perform Additional Tasks>Install .NET Framework" button :)

so is there anyone know how can i do this ?

im quite sure SP2 breaks the .NET framework at this point and is not compatible with it. I remember reading that. Wait for a new .NET update when SP2 is officially released.

Found 2 bugs while testing RC1 (uninstalled now, couldnt play UT :shifty: )

1. Bluetooth devices cannot send items to the pc via any software (i.e. microsoft, non microsoft). The one bluetooth application made by microsoft in the system32 directory has links to bluetooth.cpl and other things that are broken, so im sure that they will turn up in the next release.

2. Playing UT on it was terrible. It did not respond to mouse movements very well, and was v. v. laggy.

Found 2 bugs while testing RC1 (uninstalled now, couldnt play UT :shifty: )

1. Bluetooth devices cannot send items to the pc via any software (i.e. microsoft, non microsoft). The one bluetooth application made by microsoft in the system32 directory has links to bluetooth.cpl and other things that are broken, so im sure that they will turn up in the next release.

2. Playing UT on it was terrible. It did not respond to mouse movements very well, and was v. v. laggy.

1. When i read about the bluetooth support I heard it was not currently enabled in this build.

2. UT2004 runs fine on my machine using the latest cats (4.3)

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same bluetooth problem.

Had the widcomm stack installed and working fine, soon as I installed sp2 build 2096 it lost the ability to recieve from my phone.

I'm gonna do a fresh build of xp pro with sp2 soon as I'm on xp home right now.