.gif images.

For some reason, as of late, when I look at .gif images on the web that are animated, I can't see the animations. Anyone know why? Thanks.

how are you viewing the images? in the Picture/Fax Viewer, or Internet Explorer?

If Internet Explorer:

Internet Options->Advanced->Multimedia->Put a check in "Play animations in web pages"

if you click a link, press stop, press escape the animations stop at the frame their at.. try it here.. cpugeniusmv has an animated avatar. click the quick reply button below .. it stops

Maybe I'm just an idiot or I didn't understand what you said, but they are never animated. Before or after clicking on anything.....

I am experiencing the same problems as you people. Any animated images here are not animated on my computer. I've checked in the internet options and the animate images is ticked.

Fixed mine!

It is a firewall problem:

If you have Zone Alarms Pro, open it up and go to Privacy and click on the Main tab. Under Ad blocking, click the Custom button. Now under Ads to Block, clear the box labelled Animation. Ok out and refresh the page you are viewing.