Whats The Best Operating System

Can anyone shine a light on what the best OS to use for general gameplay & browsing the internet is.

My current spec of my PC is

Windows XP Pro

Pentium 4 3.06 Hyperthread Processor

MSI Neo 875P Neo-FISR Motherboard

MSI GeForce FX5700 256MB DDR Memory

2 Gig DDR Ram

200 Gig HD -Primary

80 Gig HD - Secondary

SB Audigy 2 Sound Card

2x DVD Recorders

I'd recommend Windows 3.11 for Workgroups! It has a 'graphical user interface' and you can click on 'icons' to make a program run in a 'window!' Cool Stuff!

Check out the screenshot!

post-11-1080135503.gif

Have people forgotten Windows 1.0... WITH MULTIMEDIA!!! :o HELLO???  :rolleyes:

Well with that hyperthreading his processor has I felt he could make the jump to the Windows 3.x, since he will be doing only general gaming the extra OS overhead will be barely noticed, if at all.

Well with that hyperthreading his processor has I felt he could make the jump to the Windows 3.x, since he will be doing only general gaming the extra OS overhead will be barely noticed, if at all.

Yeah but look at all the pretty colours... AND it has a calculator :o

post-11-1080136829.gif

Definitely Windows XP man, You are using the best already, If you are having issues then check and make sure you have enough RAM and that your PC is not full spy ware and things like too many programs starting up at boot time etc.

Good luck.

I'd recommend Windows 3.11 for Workgroups! It has a 'graphical user interface' and you can click on 'icons' to make a program run in a 'window!' Cool Stuff!

Check out the screenshot!

I bet u half expected that :rolleyes: Yeah Windows XP would be your best choice just get all the updates etc. :)

I came a little late, but what is the meaning of this post??

You give as a PC with great specs and you ask what OS should you install on your PC! It's clear enough that XP is the most stable Windows OS ever... :whistle:

But If I were you I would install SuSe! :happy: (j/k)