Whats The Best Operating System

When I asked what was the best OS for my system I was referring to either Win XP or an alternative like Red Hat. Sorry for any confusion. :rolleyes:

You want to play games, so put Windows XP on.

Popular games do exist for linux, but not nearly as many as windows. Plus, windows will have better drivers for your system.

No question about it, you'll have to use Windows XP for your intended uses.

Windows XP for all your gaming needs,

Mac OSX for all the pretty and serious stuff ...

There always has to be a smartass...

Ok, did you see the specs of his machine in the first post? Yes? Good.

Now go tell Steve Jobs to allow OS X to be ported to the x86 platform, and then you can recommend it all you want. :rolleyes:

Until then, your post is pointless. Thanks. You can go back here now.

There always has to be a smartass...

Ok, did you see the specs of his machine in the first post? Yes? Good.

Now go tell Steve Jobs to allow OS X to be ported to the x86 platform, and then you can recommend it all you want. :rolleyes:

Until then, your post is pointless. Thanks.

Yeah lets see..umm the comment about xp suited the thread...and the additon of OSX only helped to show what are the two best OS even though they are on different platforms. Obviously the answer for PC is Windows XP. So don't be a troll next time just to ramp up your post count...you'll do us all a favor.

post-11-1080152062.jpg

Yeah lets see..umm the comment about xp suited the thread...and the additon of OSX only helped to show what are the two best OS even though they are on different platforms.  Obviously the answer for PC is Windows XP.  So don't be a troll next time just to ramp up your post count...you'll do us all a favor.

I'm being a troll? Yeah, good joke...and nice picture too. I'll be saving that for future use.

The point is, OS X really has no place in this thread. Read the first post, and think again. The original question asked was what would be the best OS for his PC. There's no need for the Mac zealots to stop by and post their 2 cents everytime they get a chance to. I'm surprised how that doesn't qualify as "trolling."

Or should I go to every thread in the Mac section and post information about XP, simply because both of them are "the two best OS even though they are on different platforms." I doubt that would be taken in good spirit.

Think before you post.

I'm being a troll? Yeah, good joke...and nice picture too. I'll be saving that for future use.

It looks like the Toronto Zoo's Polar Bear exhibit. But maybe these things look the same in every city.

Wouldn't Windows ME be the best? it just doesn't get any better! :devil:

Blue screen of death fun all day long :yes:

:rofl:

Really this is your opinion... I choose XP or ... Linux :p.

:devil:

Can anyone shine a light on what the best OS to use for general gameplay & browsing the internet is.

My current spec of my PC is

Windows XP Pro

Pentium 4 3.06 Hyperthread Processor

MSI Neo 875P Neo-FISR Motherboard

MSI GeForce FX5700 256MB DDR Memory

2 Gig DDR Ram

200 Gig HD -Primary

80 Gig HD - Secondary

SB Audigy 2 Sound Card

2x DVD Recorders

you should not own this computer if you ask a question as stupid as this :angry:

:rofl:

Really this is your opinion... I choose XP or ... Linux :p.

:devil:

Here's a tip. If someone says the best OS is Windows ME then you can assume the [sarcasm] tags are in full gear.