BIOS Question

My computer company put a password on my bios, i was wondering if flashing my bios with a older revision (since i ahve the newest) would wipe that password and then reflash with the new one

it would be easier to reset the bios (see ur manual) to clear the password! but yes rewriting the bios would have the same effect

I would agree with voodoo, upgrading BIOS when you're not having any problem with it would not be a good idea. By resetting BIOS would be an easier way. Now, when voodoo said that resetting BIOS, you mean by taking out the battery on your mobo, pull the plug and wait for awile then re-insert the thing, right? Or is there another way of doing that?

normally to reset the cmos (bios) u would short a pin on the mobo, which is normally a jumper (not the kind u ware;) )

hmmm... I thought you would have to have the password too to flash the BIOS... but anyways, yeah you can take out the battery and wait for a few seconds and then put it back in... one more thing, small computer retailers do sometimes put a password on the BIOS but not Dell or Compaq or whatever like that... at least I have not encounter such a thing before...

Why do you want to play in the BIOS of a work PC ? If I found someone doing this at work I would shoot them :-).

In Most companies they can fire you for opening up a PC case.. its agains health and saftey regs.