Weird Port Problem

Hi,

A few months ago.....my system started acting a bit strange in terms of it's open network ports....

i normally use this machine for RDP, and bit torrent and such.....but for some reason, one day it just stopped opening it's ports beyond my router.

naturally i thought it was a router problem, so i took a look at the port fowarding setup there and nothing was wrong, plus all of the port forwarding for other machines on the network were working fine. hell, it even died a month ago, and i got a brand new wireless AP/router and the ports still didn't open up to the outside on this particular system. so the router/port forwarding definatly doesn't seem to be a problem.

as for local lan action i can access any port that's open on this machine just fine, (i.e. connecting to it via RDP from my laptop via/ wireless) :huh:

i'm pretty sure it has something to do directly with TCP/IP stack on this machine, but i'm not sure, cause that wouldn't explain the fact that it works within the LAN. UPNP is disabled on the machine and the router....so that can't be the cause of any problems.

And i've already tried swapping network cards, and that didn't work either....

i'm totally baffled...

anyone with any tips or last things i can try, i'd really apprieciate it....

Chris

(heh, just to clear things up the box is WinXP SP1)

Edited by seepeejay