• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Car] A friend has ordered on of these!

Axel    95

http://www.rangestormer.com/

Check this out. A friend has preordered one, it does not go into production til next year. To me it's one beautiful beast of a car!

It even has a glass roof and the doors open lambogini style!!!!!!!

post-7-1080568080.jpg

Edited by Ax3L

Keito    1

OMG, that has to be one of the coolest cars I've seen in the last months! Too bad I'm only 15 and can't get one myself :p

Axel    95

Hyeah! I want one too! Trouble is i bet it will be expensive and I'm pretty sure the insurance companies aint gonna appreiciate a 17 year old trying to drive one!

+Jimmy1    10,380

wow, thats a nice ride !!

you said preordered? then are they going into production???

and how much???

Edited by sputnik

p0welly    1

I was under the impression its just aConcept car with no production plans, although apparently some un-named rapper is in talks to use it in his next video.

Hardice    0

Man, that is a pretty car! How much does it cost to pre order one of those babies?

p0welly    1

Yep according to this its a concept, however the Overfinch is very real, very fast, and very expensive (approx ?100k if I remeber correctly)

Axel    95

it's going into production for real coz my friends on the list. He earns big money and have no reason to doubt him. I can't wait til he takes me for a spin in that baby! I'll take some snaps of it and post em here!!! :p

kombolcha    11

please tell me he's going to use the vehicle for its purpose and not drive around in the city just for the looks. that car is not made for a "look at me" it's got more offroad tech than all the previous land rover models.

now i'm going to prepare myself for when all those rappers get wind of this car

BigTed    0

It's a concept car...your friend is probably bullsh*tting you mate. You cant preorder it...and even if you could "Ax3L's mate from Milton Keynes" wouldnt be top of their list. ;)

I quote from the site "Range Stormer is a high performance, sports tourer SUV concept car which reveals the future design direction for Land Rover..."

You cant preorder a concept car...or more simply, you cant preorder a car that isn't in production.

mstx    0

those side mirrors look realy small :huh:

Orange Battery    381
those side mirrors look realy small :huh:

I was thinking that too

RandyC    14

Whats the main difference between this and a normal landrover then ... apart from the orange paintwork?

-RandyC-

Axel    95
It's a concept car...your friend is probably bullsh*tting you mate.  You cant preorder it...and even if you could "Ax3L's mate from Milton Keynes" wouldnt be top of their list. ;)

I quote from the site "Range Stormer is a high performance, sports tourer SUV concept car which reveals the future design direction for Land Rover..."

You cant preorder a concept car...or more simply, you cant preorder a car that isn't in production.

He's in a very high paid job working for cisco systems, is a close family friend and would have no reason to lie to all of us!? He is down on the list and it's definately coming out... they don't make websites for just concept cars u know, it's to promote it. He's already put ?1000 down and it starts production in 2005.

Edit: Plus he aint from Milton Keynes;))

havyn    0

concept car != production car. never. there are always design changes along the way, and i highly doubt a manufacturer as conservative as land rover is going to go with that design for production. he may be on the list for it, but it ain't going to look like that when he gets it!

Zzz1111    0

We need proof when he gets it take many pictures. and not crappy picures like the ones on that site.

Axel    95
concept car != production car. never. there are always design changes along the way, and i highly doubt a manufacturer as conservative as land rover is going to go with that design for production. he may be on the list for it, but it ain't going to look like that when he gets it!

You could be right. But to use an example the Seat Altea was concept last year and now its in production and it looks exactly the same! And PLEASE whoever sed that u can't drive around the city in one of those made one stupid comment. If u have the money, ur allowed to be flash!!!! :cool:

kombolcha    11

i was watching TLC last night.. they said it would go into production next year or 2006

Zip    0
please tell me he's going to use the vehicle for its purpose and not drive around in the city just for the looks. that car is not made for a "look at me" it's got more offroad tech than all the previous land rover models.

now i'm going to prepare myself for when all those rappers get wind of this car

does this car look like its been designed for off-roading?

all land rovers can go off road but are not intended to really, except this one; still in production and still of of the most capable off roaders of all time, yes its land rover.

defenderbil-stor.jpg

unfortunatley people do ponse around in huge pick-ups and 4x4 to look cool when actually they're just scarificing comfort, economy and handling by choosing one over a saloon.

anyone who has one just to drive around town knows nothing about cars, they obviously don't like to drive them and they waste there money on them. they're just victims.

Ruffneckting    3

On the website it says they've took inspiration from everywhere: from how ice refracts light"...yeah get that bit. "to how DNA functions" Whats DNA got to do with it?

episode    625

Right on the main page of www.rangestormer.com it states:

"Range Stormer is a high performance, sports touring SUV concept car, which reveals the future design direction for Land Rover and the company's increasingly bold approach to new technologies."

It goes on to say that they will be posting how the Range Stormer influences future vehicles. Nowhere on the site does it mention in any way, shape, or form that the car is even being thought about for production.

And ... jesus those seats look uncomfortable.

p0welly    1

Another land rover concept, whens this going into production?

wpe12.gif

(Used in Judge Dredd if it looks familier)

Axel    95

Beats me but it all sounds cool, you have got to admit that pretty much ALL the visual features of that car look pretty stunning... inside and out.

Edit to save double post: YEAH but what I'm saying is that he's pre-ordered it and put down a deposite, screw what the website sez... perhaps sum1 shud phone them up and find out for themselves for real!!! :p

TheDreamX    0

Eww! What's with all these ugly concept-like cars actually being manufactured? The greatest cars were that of the late 90's. These new things look all plastic and way too futuristic. Sorry.

havyn    0

are you sure it was a concept and not just shown at an auto show? often they are side by side..