• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Car] A friend has ordered on of these!

episode    625

What do you mean sounds cool?

All you have is the looks. There is no info on anything else at all about the car on that site. Handling, acceleration, horsepower ... you have nothing. Only thing I can find is this on their announcements site "The sporty, high performance SUV concept features a supercharged V8, specially developed for Land Rover from the renowned Jaguar engine used in the high performance XJR and XKR models. "

So its got a V8 ... but if the car weighs 5000 lbs, which it looks like it does, it will still be slow as hell.

Edit: I trust the company itself over your "rich friend". If they wanted to sell them, they would have a lot more info on the site, and be marketing to EVERYONE and not just your friend.

Oh, and just so you know, since you seem young and uninformed, if you preorder a car and put a deposit down, the normal practice is a $500 deposit. Whoop de do. And the dealership has to have order sheets to be able to order the car, which would be available on carsdirect.com if it was possible to order the car. But there aren't any, therefore you can't order the car. It does not exist. Your "rich friend" is lying to you.

GR7    0

no, its true......you can pre-order it.

i already pre-ordered 5 of these babies....one for each weekday........cause on weekends i only use my two lamborghinis.

anyways......u get the point.

HeavyTwenty    0

Anyone else thought it was fugly for a 100k euro vehicle?

Zip    0

its not worth the price and its useless but it certainatley ain't fugly

havyn    0

i think the wheels look hot and the LED fogs are pretty neat...

demorgoron    0

looks cool,but the interior looks too futuristic(not ugly),specially the seats,maybe when its release in 2005 they would cahnge those seats for something like in the Range Rover :cool:

Axel    95

Whats with all this hostility. He is not lying to me as he would have a need to. Anyway if u guys remember this thread in a year I will create an update with photo's of the car when / if he gets it. OK. As I said, before you go making 100% certainties that my "rich friend" (as some of you have grudgingly put it) is lying to us, perhaps you should phone land rover and find out these things for sure. Also remember that details can vary over here and over in the US (i.e. the guy who tried to make the point about a $500 deposit.) Any way I enjoy reading your opinions but all this stuff about people lying etc. isn't being particularly grown up about it. The car looks nice, that's the main point I was trying to make. :rolleyes:

xSammyx    0

i saw this car at the paris car show. it is very nice. they even had one with it split in half so you can see every thing that it is made up of. but this car is a concept car, meaning that they will not put this exact car in production, but you might see a part of it on a future land rover. if you look at most concept cars you see that the company will for example only use the style of the lights, or perhaps how the back of it looks. i didnt think you were lying about this whole thing, so i called the land rover dealership here and they said they have never hurd of this car being produced comercially.

Axel    95

Hey next time I get a chance to talk to him, I'll ask what procedure he had to go through to get it all sorted

Nexus-    10
Whats the main difference between this and a normal landrover then ... apart from the orange paintwork?

-RandyC-

the difference is this one actually looks nice and the others look like crap and are expensive

this one is expensive still but its an inprovent in looks

altho IMO all land rovers are crap and too expensive (N) . call me stupid if you want but im the kinda guy that would be more happy with a chevy or something more... real :sleep:

episode    625

How bout you stop assuming that your friend is right, when obviously the company itself, its website, and procedure followed on all the rest of the new cars that companies release differs from him?

THERE IS NO WAY TO ORDER A CAR WITHOUT AN ORDER SHEET.

It would be like ordering a computer without knowing the parts. Would you order a PC without knowing what processor it had in it? No? Then how could your friend order a car without knowing things such as horsepower, simply because NO SUCH SPECIFICATIONS EXIST.

I'm just completely flabbergasted that you believe so blindly in your friend ... how bout this, ask him to see the receipt they gave him when he made the deposit.

Edit: I'm sorry for being over the top and blunt, but this is just an area that you don't know anything about, and I have a good area of expertise in.

aem4162    0

awwwwwwwww...poor guy must have an itty bitty penis :p

stilist    0

What do you mean, cars after the late 90s look futuristic... I mean, they only made Matrix then, after all. :p

EDIT: I looked around the flash thinger a bit, and the "DNA inspiration" has to do with the fact that it's built of other Land Rovers, blah blah blah. Personally, I think they were just looking for something cool to say about it.

Solarix    0

piece of ****

LRoling    0

Range Stormer is a high performance, sports tourer SUV concept car, which showcases a future design direction for Land Rover and the company's increasingly bold approach to new technologies.

It is also the first-ever Land Rover concept to preview a new production model, one that will enter a fresh market segment for the company. This will be an additional model line in the Land Rover portfolio.

- Quoted from Landrover.com, go google it and you'll find it.

If you noticed:

First ever Land Rover concept to preview a new production model.

So, even if your friend did pre-order by some magical wand from Gandalf, that isn't the final design, so he's a dumbass for pre-ordering a vehicle he doesn't even know how it will turn out in the end.

Soviet    7

Mmmm Suicide doors are better than gullwings ;)

yanman    0

Phowah!!!!!!!!!! That's nice! Tell your friend to take care of it.

kongit    0

real men drive jeep cjs offroad.

Ruffneckting    3

Wasn't this CONCEPT car shown off at the Geneva auto show??????

yanman    0

I just took a look at the site briefly, the interior is just as crazy as the exterior! It's mad!

Axel    95

That's correct, the specs r unknown, he doesnt even kno wot colour he's gonna get! But seriously, if u have silly amounts of money... is a grand deposit really gonna bother u if u have a chance to be one of the first to have one of these baby's!?!?

TranceSphere    0

The seats look extremely uncomfortable

altezza    0

I like those big wheels and the LED foglight...simply makes the car stunning in looks! Not just the exterior but the interior also rocks!

Zip    0
real men drive jeep cjs offroad.

what kind of statement is that? nobody wants to be a 'real' man, they don't exist.

real men drive their ford taurus's and wear ladies underwear