VPN 98se and XP, how ?

Question

hi, i was wondering if anyone on these forums knew how i could set up a virtual private network over the internet with my mate. i'm running xp and would want to create a 2gig partition to be shared letting him have access whenever we're on. does anyone know how to do this it would have to be in some depth, as i dont really have a clue how.

8 answers to this question

Vlad

Dude why dont you read your windows help files, or look at the microsoft webpage for info instead of asking here. Christ people are lazy

funnily enough i tried that, but it wasn't much help at all, especially since i dont have 98se myself

Vlad

erm..funnily?

Why don't you open *YOUR* Help file (Start, Help) and type in VPN. It takes 5 seconds to do that, and there's tons of info that comes up. If your mate wants to VPN, maybe he should *gasp* also read the help file.

"i tried that, but it wasn't much help at all, especially since i dont have 98se myself"

You looked through a help file that you don't even have?

i looked through the help file in XP

Vlad

Uhm, how about no, you didnt. Example: I queried the help and support center for "vpn". Heres what came up:

44 results found for vpn Stop

Suggested TopicsFull-text Search MatchesMicrosoft Knowledge Base

Suggested Topics (14 results)

Pick a task

Make a VPN connection

Disable software compression

Configure identity authentication and data encryption settings for a dial-up connection

Configure identity authentication and data encryption settings for a VPN connection

Overviews, Articles and Tutorials

Network connection types

Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections overview

VPN enhanced security

Network protocol support

IP address security

VPN administration

Cost advantages

Security features of network connections

VPN connection authentication and data encryption

Glossary

well, i got 15 results, all describing about vpn, but nothing actually telling me how to set it up

i've just decided to share files over an ftp server, and just give out my ip to play games

Vlad

Funny, the first result I get is called "MAKE A VPN CONNECTION". And the built in wizard for making VPN connections is pretty helpful too. Methinks you're just lazy.