Neowin's Official MLB 2004 Discussion

man, i was at that cubs/braves game last night, brutal. on top of being embarrased because at least half the 35,000 in attendance are cubs fans, they tie the game up with 2 outs in the 9th against our mr.automatic, john smoltz.. so we were about ready to go, it wasnt even 10 o'clock yet, then that happens and we ended up not leaving the park til about 12:15, and on a sour note. we did move down to the front row at the start of the 14th inning, thats always fun.. going again tonight, Jaret Wright vs. Mitre.. i dont expect as much of a pitchers duel this time.

haha, you were there? thats pretty cool, i was looking for you online to give you a hard time, but didn't see you...actually i thought you might have been there... :p

awesome game though, go cubbies :)

the yankees lost again to the white sox! the day after torres signs a 3 year extension, the yankees lose. maybe the boss should rethink that extension. and I know its early in the season, but it might come back and bite them in the a$$.

Go cubs!!!! We wont let our fans take this one away again this season :p

Ahh, get over that. However, the Cubs are losing right now 1-0. I'm sure they'll make a comeback. Sosa is pretty on tonight. He had a double in the first and missed a homer by about 8 feet in the fourth. Something will happen. Today I won 4 Cubs tickets to the Cubs v. Reds game on April 19th so I'm pretty happy. And we got our 4 dugout box seats for the May 19th game against San Francisco. Awesome.

damn, cubs lost too. pretty ****ty game, walked 3 players in a row with 3 outs. then a double clears the bases. cubs let this one get away...

i guess we're even now :p

damn, cubs lost too. pretty ****ty game, walked 3 players in a row with 3 outs. then a double clears the bases. cubs let this one get away...

Yeah, talk about an awesome bullpen moment.

i know it's still early, but i'm not impressed with that pratt guy. he walked a couple last night too, didn't he? but then he got out of it. nothing new with farnsworth, still hard throwing with no control...

i know it's still early, but i'm not impressed with that pratt guy. he walked a couple last night too, didn't he? but then he got out of it. nothing new with farnsworth, still hard throwing with no control...

Me neither. He is alright I guess. However that doesn't bother me as much as the fact that our best offense that we have probably ever assembled is doing incredibly minimal numbers. We'll see, it'll get better.

:D muuuuccchh better tonight.. good game all around. Mitre pitched great. You're right about Pratt, he's not impressing anyone. Supposedly he's got great stuff though if he can learn to control it. Julio Franco's 14-pitch at bat, the eventual 3-run double, has got to be one of the best at bats ive ever seen. Farnsworth is throwing everything he's got, hitting 100 on the radar, then dropping down to 83, against a 45 year old guy, oldest player in the Major Leagues, and he almost takes him deep twice. One time was foul, the other the double off the wall..

39,000 at the game tonight.. once again about half cubs fans. there might actually be more braves fans, the cubs fans are just incredibly vocal, while only a few of us are for atlanta.

I'm on dialup internet on a P1-166Mhz computer here in Atlanta, so this will probably be my only post tonight.. going to the game again tomorrow, ive been taking lots of pics, ive got some good action shots of sosa, i'll post worthy ones when i get home after tomorrows rubber game.

go braves

Hah, good game today, eh? What an offensive explosion! And Wood! This is the kind of Cubs baseball that I expect from this team that we have this year. Ortiz got dominated.

pfft todays game was a joke. some of you may remember i dont think too highly of chipper jones.. well i was listening to the pregame today on the way to the park and they were asking him about what they were going to do different against kerry wood.. and he says something along the lines of "it cant get any worse than it was last october" .. yeah ok chipper.. it may not get worse, but it can still stay the same, which isnt very good.. in fact its getting blown away. this atlanta team is not going to compete with that kind of attitude.

we did move down to the front row at the start of the 14th inning, thats always fun..

one of the extremely few things i ever liked about my reds getting stomped was when the fair-weathers would leave early just because it was like 12-0 in the 6th inning. we moved down to the front during one cubs-reds game and got to say hi to the players...it was such a blast even though the reds lost by like 14 runs....

on a warm and fluffy note, the reds are in 1st in the nl central division (Y)

I was flipping back and forth between the Sox and Cubs game during Easter festivities. Heard more Go Cubs chants more than anything during that game. Atlanta pitching just started getting rocked towards the end of the game.

Sox had a 3-1 lead and Crosby hit a 3 run jack. Quite a performace by Williams replacement. I really liked how Danny Wright pitched as he's a young kid and is doing quite well against some of the better teams in the league.

yeah, there were several "Lets go Cubbies!" chants... I have never willingly left a game.. football, baseball, hockey, basketball, whatever.. no matter what the score, i always stay til the end unless im riding with someone that wants to leave.. but today, i came oh so close.. closer than ive ever come before, and i go to the falcons games quite a bit, so thats saying a lot.. all 3 games the team was flat, we just had good pitching the first 2 days and a little timely hitting from julio franco.. Drew has got to start hitting. Chipper Jones has got to realize that he is not the center of the universe and that he is the oldest starting player and needs to lead this team. Marcus Giles is the man. He's got it right.. the attitude, the hitting, the defense, the hustle, and he's making the league minimum. The rest of the team should take notes.

I am a die-hard cubbie fan. That was a great win by the Cubs Today.

By the way has anyone mentioned the Mark Prior TJ surgery news yet? If so it is a false report and a very BAD joke.

great pitching by the cubs, and finally some runs to back it up.

I have a feeling they are going to do good this year :)

I have a feeling they are going to do good this year :)

And what cubs team are you watching this year. :angry:

I wouldnt expect too much of him in his first game at Wrigley either.

boy i called that one didnt I? :)

heres hoping greg gets things turned around

heh, yeah, can you say rocked? oh well, seasons early. i need to worry more about the flyers and less about the cubs right now :p