Neowin's Official MLB 2004 Discussion

Im suprised Ishii pitched a complete game shutout against the Giants and that they took two out of three from them. And im glad to see SF in last place, hopefull it last for a while.

Im suprised Ishii pitched a complete game shutout against the Giants and that they took two out of three from them. And im glad to see SF in last place, hopefull it last for a while.

screw.

you.

:ninja:

i think we talked them up too much, i'll just keep my mouth shut now :p

Yeah, nothing much to say right now. I got annoyed at all the Prior talk earlier in the season, but as things look more promising I'm getting really excited for his return.

A couple things that I like about the situation is that with the rainout in Pittsburgh, Baker moved Wood after Maddux in the rotation. That sets up the rotation as Maddux, Wood, Clement, Zambrano, Mitre. Now, Prior pitched off the mound really well yesterday (Mitre's start) and they're going to start pitching him in simulated games every 5th day (continues to be Mitre's starts) that way, when they're ready to bring him up they can really just plug him into Mitre's spot in the rotation without anyone missing a beat.

The rotation would then be Prior, Maddux, Wood, Clement, Zambrano. With the exception of Wood and Prior being reversed, that's what it was supposed to be all season and when Zambo's the 5th starter you know its a good staff.

man, owned 2 days in a row now. yeah, that is the best pitching lineup we've ever had. thats probably one of the best pitching lineups ever, cept for maybe the braves a few years ago.

atlantas 13-13.. been hovering around .500.. not bad with all these injuries. Marcus Giles and Johnny Estrada have really stepped up

oh, and i hate the yankees.

Cardinals will win it all. Period. I don't know what everyone else is smoking...

no way man. the central is gonna be a good race, but it won't be the cards that end up on top.

i loved seeing the rockies' outfielder trip over the pitching mound in the bullpen during the cubbies game today

• 2 weeks later...

and the Reds are atop the NLC...w00t whoda thunk it with houston and cubs in our division. we may not be there for long, but it is nice to see them play well, especially Griffey.

fricken reds man...wtf...they need to lose soon, cubs need to pick up it too, even though all our stars are on the dl...

damn, cubs on a 5 gave losing streak...but only 3 games out.

look at the standings from top to bottom. all other divisions are at least 10+ games from first to last. nl central is 3. crazyiness...

Who would think that the Cincinatti Reds would be in first?

Whos would think the Cubs would have 9 important players injured?

Who though Clemens would help the Astros as much as he has.

Who would have thought the Cardinals could stay strong with their insane offense?

With all the movement in the N.L. Central, who do you think will clinch the division and who will be in the race for the wild card spot?

I say the Cubs win the division, Astros 2nd.. i hope the reds continue to do well.. although i dont think they will be able to compete with those 2 teams. NL central is the strongest all around in baseball right now imo.

I also think the Reds cannot maintain thier lead after the break, other teams will get healthier and can a guy like Danny Graves keep saving games like he is, and if a Red is injured it could throw their whole roster out of place.

Cubs will take the division and the Astros will clinch the wild card. :huh: