Quake II and Quake III

dmd3x

I have played Quake II and it was a really great game. I have a gift certificate and I want to buy it. I have not played Quake III but i heard it was a really great game. Is it worth paying the extra money so I can get Quake III instead? Why?

Thanks for your help

Directuniversal

willywonka69

quake2 is single player

quake3 does have single player but not worth playing but good multi

Surah Hajj

I find that Quake 3 is very disappointing in comparison to Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, Tribes 2 and Elite Force [it uses the Quake 3 engine but is more fun].

PabUK

Quake 3 is quite a good game but really only if you are prepared to download a lot of extra things like mods because on its own it doesn't really stand up.

If you are looking for a good single player game, try something like Max Payne instead. Or any of the Half-Life series if you have not yet played them all.

Baigley

Alrighty....

+ If you want a Single Player game, Dont Buy Q3..

I dont like playing Single player games, i think that playing

another human is the best... Plus Q3 doesnt have that great

of a single player. Its sorta just a practice for multiplayer.

+ For ONLINE Multiplayer: I think that CS (Counter-Strike.. Half- Life Mod) is friggin awesome! Quake 3 is not fun for ONLINE

multiplayer, because you have 56k people joining, and it just

isnt that fun, unless you can see the person running.. (lol)

+ LAN Multiplayer: Quake 3 Arena and CS are awesome LAN

Both CS and Q3 are Best Multiplayer LAN..

Q3.. Not great Single Player

CS.. NO Single Player. :)

YahoKa

Quake 3 is fun for about.. oh, say 5-10 minutes. Basically no single player, and only decent multiplayer. Save your gift certificate for something else... Quake 2 is THE BOMB, and when you compare Quake 3 and Quake 2 its laughable at how much worse the new one is (except for the graphics, that is.)

God, i hope they dont make a Quake 4 (or quake XP ... LOL) or if they do actually INCLUDE SINGLE PLAYER WITH IT!!! I found both Unreal Tourney and Quake 3 disappoining.

ooo... oo... one last thing! The new Return To Castle Wolfenstien is going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN GOOD! No - it IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN GOOD! Go download the Wolfenstien Multiplayer Test!

af4
CS.. NO Single Player.

HEY! You could always get retail CS and play the training mission. Single player goodness!! LOL :)

PabUK
Originally posted by YahoKa  

God, i  hope they dont make a Quake 4 (or quake XP ... LOL) or if they do actually INCLUDE SINGLE PLAYER WITH IT!!!

You will be happy to hear that they ARE working on Quake 4 already, using the new DOOM engine (isn't that kinda weird!), and it IS going to single player. Better still (for you) it is going to be based on the Stroggos (or whatever it is called) world featured in Quake 2! :)

baphomet_irl

hi directuniversal

Quake 3 is brilliant -

do get it!

it is the fastest most intense online FPS u can get, and no llamas arguing about how 'realistic' the weapons are either eheh

and then when u buy it - download rocket arena 3 - pure fun

u wont regret it

i know this is the oldest rivalry in FPS - but ffs Doom/Q1/Q2/Q3 are the originals FULL STOP.

without them there wouldnt be any of ur HL mods or UT

and yes yahoka quake2 is brilliant - but as a multiplayer game Q3 is definitely better - the rockets in Q2 are just too slow...

tbh i prefer Q1 to Q2

have u got Q1 directuniversal?

u should get it and run glquake (althou ull have to do this in win9x) - it has a very good atmosphere...

PS - let the flames.. start... NOW!!!!

lol

:evil:

baphomet_irl

actually thats probably why i preferred Q1 to Q2 - i preferred the pseudo medieval setting...

YahoKa
Originally posted by PabUK  

You will be happy to hear that they ARE working on Quake 4 already, using the new DOOM engine (isn't that kinda weird!), and it IS going to single player. Better still (for you) it is going to be based on the Stroggos (or whatever it is called) world featured in Quake 2! :)

Woooohooo! The new Doom is gonna be sexy! Of course, i am going to have to buy a new $400 graphics card, i think a Geforce 3 would JUST BARELY cut it to play it, and a Geforce 2 would be slow. But damn, the new radeon 8500 looks fuc.kin amazing.

And this is the first time the Quake engine will NOT be the first to cover new grounds, and use the newest technologies! Are the old Quake Pplz helping out with the engine design? Oh, and is there ANY release date for eitha game??

baphomet_irl

oh yeh directuniversal,

go back to ur last saved game in Q2, and after killing the boss, have a look around the ship, go dwonstairs thru one of the holes and ull find urself a little disco to enjoy!

(wherein can also be discovered how TankJR from Q3 was 'made' eheh)

;)