What Mobilefone do U have, and why did YOU buy it?

erricson t606, i probably should have gotten the motorolla cause they were both free but this one looked cooler. too bad about the 256 vs 65k color screeen though. they dont tell you these types of things and i bought it on the spot. still a good fone nontheless.

I have the Samsung S300, Samsung R225, Sony Ericsson T68i, and my Mitac Mio 8380 should be arriving tomorrow.

Currently, I am using my Samsung S300... it's a small phone and looks ok. Supposedly, it has one of the best reception out there, but for some reason, in my room, my reception is such utter crap. Anywhere else in the building is fine though.

I am getting a Mitac Mio because of the bigger screen. I am tired of having to resize my girlfriend's pic so it'll fit on my S300.

haha, I remember that. How long left on the contract mate? What you looking at...?

don't remember.

looking to get something like the Motorola MPx, a small pda phone. :)

Nokia 3650 :)

My reasons:

- Excellent RF (gets 3-4 bars of reception in places where the SE t610 just dies)

- Speakerphone (this is sooo useful)

- Tri-band (GSM 900/1800/1900) - I travel to India, so this was a necessary thing.

- Runs Symbian OS, one of the most feature-rich mobile operating systems for cellphones.

- Tons of installable software to do just about anything (phone can be used as a universal remote control, for example)

- Expandable memory (it uses regular MMC's)

- Good quality camera (pictures are very decent at 640x480) with video recording. Very nice for on-the-spot pictures, especially since one doesn't carry a digital camera everywhere.

- PDA functions (calendar, todo lists etc) - synchs with the laptop via bluetooth/infrared

3650-02-a-150x201.jpg

Best decision I ever made. I love the phone to bits. :D

If I could exchange it for something now, I'd go for the new Nokia 7610.

Edited by NetRyder

samsung sgh e700.

the reason: i cancelled my old contract (had an alcatel phone which broke 3x, but i had to mess with 5 companies and nobody wanted to replace it: 1) the shop where i bought it 2) debitel: a reseller from t-mobile 3)t-mobile itself becuasei used their network 4)alcatel 5)protel (repair company of alcatel))

so i got this new nice samsung phone for my birthday directly from the t-mobile shop in my town and i asked whom to blame when my handy goes pop and the salesman told me i'll get it replaced with a new one whenver it's broken :)

Same Here. :yes:

HAHA, man I can't wait until the new phones come out. If you've seen some of the phones displayed at the CTIA 2004, you'll be wanting them.

Siemens MC60 was cheap had a camera and colour screen.. replaced my Nokia 3330 lol

Now looking at the new line of siemens or nokia phones.. when i get some cash of course.

I bought an E700, I got swept up in the hype! It's a good phone, don't get me wrong, but it's just a phone. THere's loads out there which are just as good. I'm bored of it already and want to upgrade. God knows what I'm gonna get though, I haven't been reading up, I don't know what's on the horizon.

Piccie:

post-55-1080407546.jpg

because my last motorola was litrally the size of a house brick (a small house brick ;) )

im bored of my 8210 now though, i want a phone with a camera and colour screen and better ringtones and otther stuff lol :D

I bought an E700, I got swept up in the hype! It's a good phone, don't get me wrong, but it's just a phone. THere's loads out there which are just as good. I'm bored of it already and want to upgrade. God knows what I'm gonna get though, I haven't been reading up, I don't know what's on the horizon.

Piccie:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-55-1080407546.jpg

I find that quite funny now. A lot of us who have the E7xx are getting sick of it considering on the first day we were so excited about owning it.

Man i have a older phone

Ericsson T28s

Girlfriend has a T210 thats locked and a T29

Had my ericsson for about 4 years now. Batteries lastes such a long time(as in years) and only now had to replace one of em.

Its durable, and does what i want. Also its one of the thinnest phones available even today. Truely a good phone for me.

Gonna upgrade soon but want a phone with full video and small and compact. Ericsson Z1010 i think it is. Something along those lines.

SPV E200...

I got it because it does more than any other phone (except the P900, it has the same features as that). I got it because you can watch videos on it, listen to MP3s (in stereo! most dont do this!).. erm.. SD card slot, so decent expansion (512mb one in there at the moment!), it runs on the windows mobile platform, which I liked because it was something new to me. I hate the symbian OS. It's boring and less customizable. Wasnt tempted by the P900 because of the size, and the touch screen, but mainly the price. I couldnt afford to go that high in price for me to drop it or something stupid (plus the symbian OS).

Erm, another good feature of the E200 is that pictures are good (your average quality really, same as E700, Sagem MYX-6, etc), but the beauty of the software is that the video recorder is NOT limited. I have numerous 5 minute videos on there, and unlike ANY nokia you try, the quality is actually watchable! Dont get me wrong, it isnt something for home movies, but it IS watchable, unlike the nokia videos I've seen.

Erm, some other stuff on there... Well it has pocket internet explorer and msn messenger built into it, which interested me, and was also more interested when I found out I can use it via bluetooth, so i can check emails and if i want, go on the net and msn downstairs whilst watching a film or something.

Another nice feature is it syncs with the pc properly (being MS), so i have all my emails on the phone, my contacts backed up on the pc, etc.

I'd recommend this phone to someone who wants to get a fully loaded phone who doesnt mind the size too much (about the same size as a 3310).

205x318_spve200.jpg

"Excellent RF (gets 3-4 bars of reception in places where the SE t610 just dies)" <- the difference is however that the t610 can make perfect phone calls even with 0 bars, the phones just display the reception they get differently.

Sony Ericsson T610, nice size and all. I bought it because it was the only one that looked good, after buying it, I discovered it was a good phone and still is for what I use it for. It was that or either a Nokia with the movie camera but I have a thing for not buying Nokia's at the moment.

sony-ericsson-t610-large.gif

Motorola V600

Why?? Because this phone simply rocks.? Sleek.? Sexy.? Bluetooth.? Excellent RF.? Quad-Band. Excellent Camera.? MP3 Ringtones.? Solid Construction.? Changeable Metal Faceplates.? Ring Lighting.? Speakphone.

i got it about a week ago, and i agree with everything you said!

also got the HS81:cool:set :cool:

1-small.jpg

Edited by ike

nokia 6560, because it had what i wanted and what i needed and didn't have all that extra crap that some of the other phones did. i mean, for me, all i need is a phone that can make calls and send sms messages. the camera phones are a nice technology, i don't doubt that, but features like that are overkill for me. i don't need an mp3 player; i have an ipod. i don't use a pda of any kind either. so why spend money on extra features i'll never use, etc etc. you get the idea.

nope, not really. it doesn't light up or anything, and i tend to look at the screen a lot more than the keypad. i think unbranded V600s have big bold text saying "V600" in that spot, which would probably annoy me more than the smaller text of ATT.

though i'll be a cingular customer before long :D (cingular buying at&t..)

and besides the phone cost me $145 when i did it through ATT. money=good :D :D

I'd prefer it with the V600 or nothing at all. A while ago it was possible to remove those provider logos with nail polish remover, but now T-Mobile have used different material to print the logo on, it's hard to remove, I don't know if it applies to other providers.