how to let win98 automatically log in?

after i have installed the win98,every time i start up the windows98 operating system,it will all let me log in.it show the log in interface .

although i cancel it, i also use the windows98 operating system,i want to get rid of the log in interface.let the windows98 automatically log in,dont let me enter "ok" button and press any key.

what do i do ?

please do me a favour.

support me.please.

how to let it automatically log in?

Prob cos you have a network card installed on your system. You can disabl;e the auto login by removing some bindings.

Try Tweakui1.33 as this one was designed for Win98 and old operating systems.

Has a autologin section, might help.

Once downloaded, extract to the Windows folder or the System folder(cant remember as been a while) and then you can run it from the Control Panel.

Tweakui1.33.exe

Edited by Davey

You don't need TweakUI for this.

To disable to login interface, go to the Control Panel and then Network options. Beneath all the protocols and adapters, there is a field where you can choose the log on type. It is probably set to Client for MS Networks. You should change it to Windows Logon. Then press OK and the logon screen should be gone.

If it then still isn't gone, you'll need to delete all the *.pwl files from your Windows directory to disable it.

what sort of file si *.pwl file?

do me a favour.maybe it is a file about users login?!

*.pwl files are password lists, so Windows might forget some passwords if you remove them.

It is necessairy to remove them if setting 'Windows Logon' doesn't automaticly login, because you then have multiple accounts or an account with a password and there may only be one account without a password for auto login to work correctly.

to change client for microsoft network to windows logon.

it is no effect.it is no use.

i dont know why.

i have changed to windows logon.

but the logon interface still display.

tip me enter the user password.

although if you can cancel the logon interface to enter the operating system desktop.

why is it still show it???