Longhorn Systray Clock

Over 1000 replies to this thread, i think that is just amazing and shows just how great a job RCube has done on this small program. It's a shame that he is now busy with school and is not updating as much as he used to. As many have said though, the program is still great as-is. I guess my purpose for writing this is just to congratulate RCube and to say thanks for the program. Also to bump this so that others will notice and use it.

btw: have many other posts gotten over 1000 replies?

Over 1000 replies to this thread, i think that is just amazing and shows just how great a job RCube has done on this small program. It's a shame that he is now busy with school and is not updating as much as he used to. As many have said though, the program is still great as-is. I guess my purpose for writing this is just to congratulate RCube and to say thanks for the program.

586582891[/snapback]

Hear, Hear

• 3 weeks later...
btw: have many other posts gotten over 1000 replies?

586582891[/snapback]

Anyone remember the "30gigs.com invites" thread?? :p That thing blew up to over 200 pages in one day...but less than 1% of the posts had any substance at all. Regardless, keep up the great work RCube!

hi,

good work! thank you. here's mine (modified it a bit. it's really simple and minimalistic)

tuned.png

585680161[/snapback]

what are the settings to get it to look like that? i love minimal styles :)

• 3 weeks later...

Damn fine app! Simply brilliant!! :)

Here's a personal skin of mine - Vista, black! Feel free to use it. Cheers!

There are two ini's, one in english and one in danish. I have other versions in the making, but this one is 100% done, so here it is.

thumb.gif

EDIT: And it seems I can't log on to my FTP, which file formats are you allowed to upload to the neowin server? No luck yet :)

Edited by dabozz

ok umm. I downloaded and installed the program and i see the clock, but no calender comes up. What do i do to bring it up

586823161[/snapback]

Just single click on the clock itself.

Just single click on the clock itself.

586823173[/snapback]

yea i know nothig comes up. When i double click it it ask if i want to exit the program, but when i single click , nothing happens at all

yea i know nothig comes up. When i double click it it ask if i want to exit the program, but when i single click , nothing happens at all

586823189[/snapback]

Right click the clock and go to LClock Properties. Make sure you have Show Popup Calendar under the Clock tab checked

Right click the clock and go to LClock Properties. Make sure you have Show Popup Calendar under the Clock tab checked

586823333[/snapback]

when i right click the clock it turns into the standard windows clock (with 1 right click)

when i right click the clock it turns into the standard windows clock (with 1 right click)

586823514[/snapback]

Well, thats really weird. I dont know why its doing that. Just get to the preferences through your Start Menu... Go to Start > LClock > Configure LClock. Then do what i told you. Make sure u have the right boxes checked.

Well, thats really weird. I dont know why its doing that. Just get to the preferences through your Start Menu... Go to Start > LClock > Configure LClock. Then do what i told  you. Make sure u have the right boxes checked.

586823609[/snapback]

i dotn have it in my start menu, how to i get the configure lclock option into my start menu?

btw i appreciate the help

i dotn have it in my start menu, how to i get the configure lclock option into my start menu?

btw i appreciate the help

586823802[/snapback]

Wow, i dont know why you are having so much trouble with this. It's been a long time since I installed LClock, so i dont exactly remember the installation process, but maybe during that process u had to choose to put it in ur start menu. Maybe your best bet is to just uninstall LClock and reinstall.

But, you could still try looking for the Configure LClock thing without reinstalling. Try searching your computer for LClock. A file folder should come up. Look in that folder for the icon that says "Configure LClock" underneath it. Double click it and hopefully you could finally adjust the settings i have been talking about.

Wow, its a good thing everyone doesnt have problems like these or i think this thread would be a lot busier than it already is.

btw, its really no bother helping out.

Wow, i dont know why you are having so much trouble with this. It's been a long time since I installed LClock, so i dont exactly remember the installation process, but maybe during that process u had to choose to put it in ur start menu. Maybe your best bet is to just uninstall LClock and reinstall.

But, you could still try looking for the Configure LClock thing without reinstalling. Try searching your computer for LClock. A file folder should come up. Look in that folder for the icon that says "Configure LClock" underneath it. Double click it and hopefully you could finally adjust the settings i have been talking about.

Wow, its a good thing everyone doesnt have problems like these or i think this thread would be a lot busier than it already is.

btw, its really no bother helping out.

586823909[/snapback]

i have a file called clock config and all it lets me do is pick skin. I uninstalled and tryed to search for LClock, niether worked. Wait mabey its the way i put it in my start menu. how exactly are u supposed to do that? i just dragged the shortcut to the start button, then released it over all programs so when i go to all programs i can choose "shortcut to longhorn clock", is this rite?

mabey i grabbed the wrong install file? the one i have is a win-zip file called longhorn clock r2.1

586824230[/snapback]

How long ago did you download that? The current filename of the zip file is LC162b.zip. Maybe you have an older version of the clock. Uninstall everything you have related to LClock and go to the first page of this thread. Under the screenshots it says something about the most current release with a download link. Download it from there. Everything should go smoothly. And it should be added to your start menu during install.. you shouldnt have to drag anything.

wow just found it now and i can already see what the fuss is about, exellent work xD

btw - im sure its been asked but its not worth going through 66 pages for it, how do you change the calender skin?

How long ago did you download that? The current filename of the zip file is LC162b.zip.  Maybe you have an older version of the clock. Uninstall everything you have related to LClock and go to the first page of this thread. Under the screenshots it says something about the most current release with a download link. Download it from there. Everything should go smoothly. And it should be added to your start menu during install.. you shouldnt have to drag anything.

586824325[/snapback]

wow i had the old ass install file. I got the new one and everything is working fine, thanks alot for ur help

This program is an excellent addition for windows!

I especially like it's calendar function

(due to the fact that a standard user in windows hasn't access to the date and time properties so i cannot see the calendar when logged in as a standard user).

I only would like to add the question if it's possible to make the skin function of the calendar more like the skin function in winamp.

Like a directory or zip file with calendar.ini, buttons.bmp and bg.bmp (or png/gif if possible).

Because now if you want to change a skin you also have to overwrite the calendar.ini with the right one or am i missing something easy?

Just pointing to another calendar.ini like the buttons and background is also an option.

Hopes this contributes something.

wonderful product

Jenswa

I would like it if I could install this to somewhere other than program files and it work, also the ability to slipstream this into my windows installation would be excellent, since that's what I am trying to do. Love this program, I have used ever edition since it's first release, glad this is still around and hopefully will always be...