win xp .. with shareing internet conniction

first of all sorry for my poor english

i have 2 computers all of them have windows XP home . and one of them have DSL conncetion useing this modem " speedstream 4060 "

i try to conncet them useing the normal win xp programs but it is not work the server didnt find the cilent so i disconncet the modem and delete the drivers of the DSL modem and try agane to make the network . and it is work and i share the files then i try to conncet the DSL modem and it is not work so now the network work and the DSL not work :(

can u help me to find program to help me share the dsl conncet to my computers and tell me how to do it

plz help

thanks anyway

o ok, right click on network palces, and go to properties then right lcick on your DSL connection, and hit properties. go to the advanced tab and check off allow other network uses to connect thorughgh this connection. if you still have problems, disablre the firewall and see if that hleps.

dan

i try this and not working

the problim is if i instell the DSL modem the network not work the server cant find the other pc but when i uninstell the dsl modem the network work

post model numbers for your network and DSL modem. also, how's it hooked up. make me a digram or something.....

DSL-------comp1-------hub

____________________comp 2

something like that. (don't follow that setup it's totally worng i just made it up

dan

DSL-------comp1-------hub ------- comp 2

the DSL modem is

SpeedStream 4060 miniport ATM/ADSL

and the network card id

Realtek TRL8139 family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

i wish it is help im not very good into hardware

hey mrdan1286, i forgot all about the hub there. whoops, but i didn't know that there's a specific port for a modem in a hub. i thought you could only find the uplink port in routers. unless you mean an entirely different port though. then my fault.

Go to your connections

you should see two networks

yours the one connected to your other computer

and then you should see your dsl connection

you should also see at the top

your internet connection

click setup home network wizard

make sure you select the computer as the server. this computer connects to the intenret directly other computers connect to this computer to access the internet

then click next and it should show u 3 connections

select your internet connection not your modem or nic cards

then hit next let it set up

run homenetworking wizard on the client and u should have internet on both

have you tried using the home network wizard which is on the Windows XP cd, put the xp cd in the computer which doesn't have the DSL modem attached when the cd autoruns' choose perform additional tasks then home networking wizard.

Then go through the wizard and choose this computer connects to the internet throught another computer on my network..... (or somthing to that effect)

This works for me everything :)

hope it helps u

You could always check out Help and Support on your Start menu for this, but here are Microsoft's step-by-step instructions here.

Basically, my suggestions would be:

1. Make sure you can get to the internet from the PC that is currently connected to your DSL modem.

2. Enable ICS on the DSL modem's network connection.

3. Enable DHCP on your client PC's network connection (ICS sets up a DHCP server on your host PC).

That's basically it. Yes, I know this is oversimplified, but online help and the Microsoft's how-to should be able to step you through it.

Another (better) way has already been suggested, but it would only work if your DSL modem connects to your PC via Ethernet, rather than USB. Annoyingly enough, some DSL modems only have USB connections...