Proteus 4.0 Beta is out!

Its proteus vs Adium now, they both use libgaim both have discovered webkit message view. I'm a big fan of Adium... notice my sig funmac.com :)

looks good, but i'll stick with adium. open source is the way to go.

plus, proteus takes up like half my screen with my contacts. the list is too big.

Can you do any File transfers on it? I only use AIM, and am quite happy with iChat, if it did FTP tho, i'd be interested... as with Adium, i hear that is to be implemented, any news?

i used to use proteus exclusively until i switched to adium

if v4 of proteus gets up to adiums level then i might consider witching back

I tried it out, but it's rather slow. I'll use it when the speed's back, because Justin's implemented a LOT of things that adium is totally missing at this point.

It's a shame that Fire has went to nowhere recently. Little updates and it's missing a lot of features, along with it being quite unstable. I didn't like Proteus, so I'll try out Adium now. Thanks for the heads up though guys.

looks good, but i'll stick with adium. open source is the way to go.

plus, proteus takes up like half my screen with my contacts. the list is too big.

view > hide contact images

anyone have any ideas here:

when i get sent messages or have a chat in general, my window doesn't scroll, i must manually scroll to see all the responses, and cant figure out what is up.

Ohh me likes!

This is good! :). I'll prolly will pay for this since I found Adium to be very lacking.

ss1.

P.S. I haven't had any issues with speed with this beta btw...

Damn, this program is horrible when using it for MSN. No user pictures, no block function, no filetransfer, no multiple chat function. This is even worse than MSN Messenger 4. It's more stable than MSN Messenger 4 tho ;)