my website

Question

the only reason i used frames in this layout was because of the background music. if i didn't use frames the background music would stop as soon as the user goes to a different page. unless there is another way?

fantastic site. as to the frame idea. might i recommend possibly using dhtml or java scrollers.

similar to this http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframescroll.htm

one can simply replace the text based up/down with images (arrows perhaps).

just a thought since like others have said, windows XP and various themes tends to break the general scheme of a site.

edit:: almost forgot. can also do something along these lines : http://www.codephobia.com/tutorials/view.php3?idnum=1

the only reason i used frames in this layout was because of the background music. if i didn't use frames the background music would stop as soon as the user goes to a different page. unless there is another way?

flash. That site all in flash would be sick and easily to convert over.

flash. That site all in flash would be sick and easily to convert over.

I'm not very good at flash, but I do know the basics. It ****es me off that its been years and I still don't know how to customize the friggen scrollbars in it.... lol :rolleyes:

If I knew how to, I wouldn't hesitate... :D

Edited by randomhero

:o wasnt prepared for the music and my speakers were on full !

its realy cool

i like the colours

i also agree with blachole

it would be amazing in flash

:o wasnt prepared for the music and my speakers were on full !

its realy cool

i like the colours

i also agree with blachole

it would be amazing in flash

lol, thats why your asked before you enter if you want it... so your semi-ready lol.. sorry about that man :blush:

If you want some help with the flash PM me or message me on msn sometime I'd be glad to help you out.

If you want some help with the flash PM me or message me on msn sometime I'd be glad to help you out.

sweet dude, I will PM you if I need any help... thx

thats a realy good idea having the music optional

i hate sites that force you to listen to music

:D

I totally agree with you on that one ;)

It's interesting, only thing I'm not fond of is the background image on the welcome content frame as the green is distracting against the grey text. Having basically half of the navigations running of the left frame and the other half on the right; it's a bit awkward in my opinion, maybe just having it running off one would be better? Also, there is no real reason to have the [X] if you can easily just click 'home' to get back to the index or vise versa. Overall I think it's good, runs on Firefox well and I can't find any bugs. Nice work.

Site looks great!! a bit dark to what i like but still looks very nice and the image on the entry page is cool!!

PLEASE DO NOT TRANSFORM TO FLASH

sorry but i hate 100% flash sites! they are boring and it has been proven that a massive percentage of peeps prefer html/php/java/xhtml etc

sorry but i hate 100% flash sites! they are boring and it has been proven that a massive percentage of peeps prefer html/php/java/xhtml etc

I don't think I'm going to... you said the exact same thing as my buddy today lol :cool:

Nice site. The music didn't load when I viewed it in firefox, but holy mother of mary when I tried it in IE I wish I didn't have my earbuds on and the volume so high. As for making the entire site in flash, unless there is going to be more interaction with the user other than music then there really isn't any point making a flash version. You may just want to make a small portion of it in flash. For example, adding a little jukebox for users to select tracks and be able to turn off the music.

As for the statement that massive percentage of peeps prefer html/php/java/xhtml, that maybe so but usually if you look at threads or sites about best web sites... the majority of them are all in flash. Flash is a very excellent tool; you just have to know when and where to use it. And if you do make an all flash version, always give the user the option of viewing a non-flash version.

pretty nice layout/site :)

if you wanted to get rid of the frames you could just make a flash 'music player' as was suggessted before :)