Why is Weed Illegal?

Just because weed is illegal, we 'potheads' get treated as criminals. Its just not fair.

well it is illegal as you said so someone who does something illegal is a criminal and should be treated as such. However it should be legalized...

well it is illegal as you said so someone who does something illegal is a criminal and should be treated as such. However it should be legalized...

I was just stating that people who smoke pot shouldnt get treated as criminals. There are more important world issues that the government could be using its money on.

No one should be allowed to get away with breaking the law, then we might as well have Anarchy.

it was illegal for women to vote and drive at one point... just because there is a law doesn't mean it should be changed or gotten rid of all together.

it was illegal for women to vote and drive at one point... just because there is a law doesn't mean it should be changed or gotten rid of all together.

Agreed. All I want our government to be honest. Why is it illegal? Is it to hard for the government to control? If they legalize it, the government could benefit so much from it.

-Marijuana is illegal, why not tabacco? Is tabacco safer?

-Marijuana is addictive? Please, caffeine is more addictive. Your not addicted to marijuana, youre addicted to the idea behind marijuana.

-Actual studies of human populations of marijuana users have shown no evidence of brain damage.

There are many many more proven facts that are in favor for weed.

All I ask from you guys is why not make it legal?

I must say I've seen most of my friends (even my current girlfriend) lives ruined by pot. Ya I do it occasionally, but when you start turning o it for stress relief, then EVERYTHING that happens in life you think of as stress, then you go smoke a bowl. I've seen all of them lose friends who they've known since children, their parents disowning them, spending all the money they have on pot, and eventually doing other drugs aswell. One of my friends died when he was 16 from simply smoking pot. He had no allergies, he just ODed. I know a lot of people will rush in and say "oh that's impossible, it can't happen with pot, pot is the safest drug in the world, blah, blah, blah" but it's not safe. Drug use of ANY KIND is not safe. Do it in moderation, because it can be fun, but don't waste your life away with it.

First off, no one has ever died from 'POT', and pot alone. Can you prove me wrong? Your little friend, he didnt die from THC overdose(or pot overdose). Unless he consumed 40,000 times more THC than it takes to get 'stoned'.

It is also a choice to spend all your money on pot, it is also your choice if you want to use other drugs. Its different among others, I hope you understand that, Humans are individuals.

It is easy to see how upwards of 5000 people die from alcohol overdoses every year and no one EVER dies of marijuana overdoses, and still alcohol is legal. :huh:

Edited by legion

Agreed. All I want our government to be honest. Why is it illegal? Is it to hard for the government to control? If they legalize it, the government could benefit so much from it.

-Marijuana is illegal, why not tabacco? Is tabacco safer?

-Marijuana is addictive? Please, caffeine is more addictive. Your not addicted to marijuana, youre addicted to the idea behind marijuana.

-Actual studies of human populations of marijuana users have shown no evidence of brain damage.

There are many many more proven facts that are in favor for weed.

All I ask from you guys is why not make it legal?

Correct me if I'm wrong (or someone has already mentioned it in this thread, I haven't read the whole thing) but I believe back in the 1800's the lumber industry lobbied to get hemp banned. Hemp can be used for many different products such as paper, clothing, etc. It can grow pretty much anywhere and dosen't exhaust the land it sits on as fast.

But it's bad for business. :crazy:

Research more into it though.

Correct me if I'm wrong (or someone has already mentioned it in this thread, I haven't read the whole thing) but I believe back in the 1800's the lumber industry lobbied to get hemp banned.  Hemp can be used for many different products such as paper, clothing, etc.  It can grow pretty much anywhere and dosen't exhaust the land it sits on as fast.

But it's bad for business.  :crazy: 

Yes, it is true you can make paper, clothing etc with hemp. In fact, this would help the forests from being destroyed.

Correct me if I'm wrong (or someone has already mentioned it in this thread, I haven't read the whole thing) but I believe back in the 1800's the lumber industry lobbied to get hemp banned. Hemp can be used for many different products such as paper, clothing, etc. It can grow pretty much anywhere and dosen't exhaust the land it sits on as fast.

But it's bad for business. :crazy:

The problem with hemp is the infrastructure is vastly different so it would involve a huge investment and very few public companies can look that longterm.

Let me just put in my two cents about people comparing tobacco and marijuana. There are various petitions and propositions that the FDA oversee tobacco production. The tobacco companies are doing everything, and I mean everything, in their power to block it. Why? Well, a source in the FDA (didn't want to give his name) said that if the FDA took over tobacco, they would have to ban it. The FDA oversees drugs that are far less damaging and addicting than cigarettes. Since they can't have a double standard, cigarettes would become illegal. We have cigarettes because the harms weren't known until recently (at least by the general public). Now, the tobacco companies are making too much money to give it up.

Bottom line, they are both bad for you, and you shouldn't compare a past mistake (legal cigarettes) to justify making another mistake.

Let me just put in my two cents about people comparing tobacco and marijuana. There are various petitions and propositions that the FDA oversee tobacco production. The tobacco companies are doing everything, and I mean everything, in their power to block it. Why? Well, a source in the FDA (didn't want to give his name) said that if the FDA took over tobacco, they would have to ban it. The FDA oversees drugs that are far less damaging and addicting than cigarettes. Since they can't have a double standard, cigarettes would become illegal. We have cigarettes because the harms weren't known until recently (at least by the general public). Now, the tobacco companies are making too much money to give it up.

Bottom line, they are both bad for you, and you shouldn't compare a past mistake (legal cigarettes) to justify making another mistake.

marijuana can be eaten or vaporised instead of smoked and the user will receiving the same effect. Lets face it our body isn't meant to smoke anything, so nothing we smoke will ever be good for us.

Not really the same effect. You wont get as much THC if you eat it rather than smoke it.

For those who dont know what a vaporizer is:

A vaporizer is a device which raises the temperature of marijuana high enough to cause THC to vaporize, but not high enough to burn the marijuana. The main benefit is that it's healthier and eventually cheaper (no THC get's burnt in the process).

For some reason, I get high vaporizing it.

I must say I've seen most of my friends (even my current girlfriend) lives ruined by pot. Ya I do it occasionally, but when you start turning o it for stress relief, then EVERYTHING that happens in life you think of as stress, then you go smoke a bowl. I've seen all of them lose friends who they've known since children, their parents disowning them, spending all the money they have on pot, and eventually doing other drugs aswell. One of my friends died when he was 16 from simply smoking pot. He had no allergies, he just ODed. I know a lot of people will rush in and say "oh that's impossible, it can't happen with pot, pot is the safest drug in the world, blah, blah, blah" but it's not safe. Drug use of ANY KIND is not safe. Do it in moderation, because it can be fun, but don't waste your life away with it.

i think about the whole "ruining your life thing" is not necessarily the potheads fault...its the people around him...The stigma behind weed causes people to look down on you

i know i have personally lost many friends because they dont know **** about weed... "ur a ****ing pothead i dont want to talk to you" ....alright...so be it then...i could care less...if you dont have respect for what i do, get the **** out of my life.... Thats how i view things, you are either with me or against me, there are NO in betweens

if my parents disowned me, then they are ****ing full of ****....honestly..Your life may be "ruined" but i honestly dont see that its the SMOKERS fault...rather the government...all this propaganda causes this ****

Why do people smoke pot? To get "happy", or high, to be able to forget their problems, to be looser with women, to be able to do things they normally wouldnt do, same goes for alcohol.

Are you saying that everyone who drinks alcohol does it to get "high", to forget problems, to be a loser with women etc etc?? If you seriously believe that, its YOU who has a lot of growing up to do. Maybe when you get a few years older you will look back and agree that what you said was completely and utterly ridiculous.

I dont smoke cigs and I dont smoke weed. I do however enjoy a drink on a small scale. I drink because I enjoy doing it, I enjoy the taste of the drink. Sure, it makes me happy. What makes me happy is enjoying a drink and a chat with my friends. Im not a looser with women either, I have a great girlfriend. If you go down to your town or city on a night time, see how many men AND women are enjoying a few drinks. Are all these people losers?

Maybe you should THINK before you speak, or better yet get a clue about what you are talking about before you try and put an argument across.

everything is good

in moderation

drink 2 much alcohol = alcoholic

2 much cannabis = stupid

2 much crack - crackhead

i do use cannabis simply because its fun

i do drink, simply because its fun

i dont do crack, simply because its wack

and i dont belive i am an alcoholic, stupid or a crack head

:D