new computer

i just ordered one of apple's new 15" powerbooks... looks good enough for the unknown amount of time i'll have it till apple releases pbooks with g5's inside and works out all those bugs. besides, considering the fastest mac i've ever spent a serious amount of time on was a 500mhz g3 ibook with 256mb ram and ati rage gpu, this is certainly a nice upgrade for me.

anyway, for $2479+tax:

1.5ghz g4

128mb vram

80gb 5400rpm drive

512mb ram (1 sodimm... to be filled later ;))

and all the other stuff that comes standard.

now all i need is an airport extreme base, and i'm set.

i'm not sure if i'll be able to last the next 2 weeks without my new baby.

i was thinking about getting this model. I almost did too. Hell i almost got the 12" pbook too. These new powerbooks are hella sweet. The video cards are awesome and everything is simply amazing.

I ordered a 12inch combo drive on Monday morning and its currently in transit from Taiwan (or so fedex reports) Hopefully It'll get here on Friday :D

I ordered a 12inch combo drive on Monday morning and its currently in transit from Taiwan (or so fedex reports) Hopefully It'll get here on Friday :D

:o awesome. maybe that means mine will be here earlier than my first guess, which was 2 weeks from the order date.

can you guys keep us posted on the rev c ..... i am HEAVILY debating between 12" pb and ibook (it took me months to get myself to even look at the pb and its a contender.. ) but i have heard a few complaints already if you can belive it....

mike

Congrats on your PB man! Be sure to take pics!

thanks, i will... when you see this thread resurface in a week or 2, it'll be links to those pics :)

it's a nice computer... 130 in xbench :)

sadly, there are two stuck pixels... easy to find if you know what you're looking for and when the screen is black... otherwise you'd never know.

i'm too lazy to take pictures though.