(Y)'s

3.3 MP

good choices for resolution

- 640x480

- 1280x960

- 1856(3:2)

- 1856x1392

- 2240x1680

has filters like, B&W, sepa, negative, solarize.

3 modes for flash, normal, soft, and bright.

very easy to use menu

good tilt

also a video mode (5 seconds)

USB or A/V output

great quality pictures

(N)'s

just like any other sony product the battery life sucks. 1 hr life without flash.

i like this camera, i've used it a lot and it's great, not too heavy and not something that attracts a lot of attention. until i attach the BOWER lens.

which is another thing i'm going to review.

my uncle bought the lens for it 2 or 3 years ago in las vegas.

vl38t52n.jpg

"The world's finest super wide panoramic lens attachment."

even though there are newer digi cams out with higher MP, this camera imo is still a good competitor. in the 2+ years we'v had it, it's never broken on us and has always worked perfectly. something you expect from sony.

one thing that annoys me, is cameras that dont fix "red eyes" this camera has never ever done this. yet my uncles brand new kodak ($500) digi cam is the worst i have ever seen. worse than some 35mm cameras. i'll review that some other time.

Nice camera, and thats one hell of a lens too! Much better buy than my P.O.S. digital camera. 5 years ago I bought a Polaroid PDC640 for $375. No zoom, not even 1 megapixel. (max res I think is 800X600) And the battery life was around 30-45 minutes, none rechargable, 4 AA batterys. It does however take Smart Media which is still around today. I have not used in over a year. You might say I'm kind of attached to this hunk of crap, being the first Digi cam I ever owned, and taken 1000's of pictures with it. I'm seriously thinking of framing it while it's still in good shape. :D

what a bout the brand new one with 5MP ?

DSC--F828 or the DSC-F717 ??

both around 1000 usd

i'll keep those two in mind if i ever buy one. my uncle recently bought a kodac digicam so i doubt he'll want to buy one anytime soon.

what we do need is a new video camera and i'll post a review on that later.