removing the extras?

sitzmar

Has anyone found a way to remove the image preview proggie from xp?

I double-click on an image to open it in paint shop pro, but first the image preview gets it, and its really annoying.

Oh, and for some reason when I upload zip files in cuteftp, it treats them as folders. I'm pretty sure this is due to xp's built in zip support, but I have no clue how to stop it.

Anyone got an idea?

aco

Are you trying to open the files through Windows Explorer or through My Computer?

If so;

1. Go into Tools>Folder Options in My computer

2. Then click on the "file types" tab.

3. Scroll down to the file type/s you want to open in PaintShopPro

4. Click the "change" button and select the PSP (the default program you want to open the files with).

Hope this works ;)

PabUK

I don't like this new feature in XP. I write software and one thing I am working on is an image viewer. I don't mind the fact that XP has a built-in one, mine is far superior to that, the problem is this association thing. Now when my software associates images with itself, opening them still sends them to the XP image viewer. To open them in my viewer, I have to write click the file and select Open from the menu, which is not the default item. Hopefully there is a way to change this programmatically but as of yet I don't know it.

sitzmar

Uhhh... yea....

Originally posted by aco  

Are you trying to open the files through Windows Explorer or through My Computer?

And your point is? My Computer is just windows explorer w/o the folders bar. Which just might explain the presence of the little button called folders in the menu...

Oh, and by the way, the image preview opens regardless of which application the file is associated with. I'm guessing you aren't an xp user, cuz its pretty obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, but one thing I can't stand is people who give advice about things they know little to nothing about.

aco
Originally posted by Ponch0  

Uhhh... yea....

And your point is? My Computer is just windows explorer w/o the folders bar. Which just might explain the presence of the little button called folders in the menu...  

Oh, and by the way, the image preview opens regardless of which application the file is associated with. I'm guessing you aren't an xp user, cuz its pretty obvious.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, but one thing I can't stand is people who give advice about things they know little to nothing about.

Yes, well I have helped many people on this forum, which is more than I can say for you. :mad:

BTW, using that method I just changed the default viewer for .gif files, now they don't open in image viewer. :p

PabUK

Ponch0 I found your reply to be quite rude considering aco was just trying to help you out. And that is if what he said was indeed wrong as you claim - BUT IT ISN'T. I just used the exact method he described to change image formats to open in my viewer instead of the Windows one.

If you are going to take that attitude around here don't expect people to bother helping you in the future.